Chapter 16

I swear each chapter gets more and more comments and votes. Thank you all so much! I get this really stupid, dorky grin on my face when I read your comments so please keep them up. I promise you I read them, they mean a lot to me. I love reading that you guys love the story and my writing. Again, mucho thanks.

So, for the POV for the next chapter I'm seeing a lot of Luke, Jason, and Lockey. I've decided that I'll work each of the characters POV's into the story. Not all in the next chapter and not all as big as the others. You can still comment and tell me who you want to see in the next chapter. 

Ok, enough of my blabbing. Now onto the story.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.)

************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16

Sutton’s POV:

            I stopped short, my face frozen in shock. I drank in his beautiful features, the curve of his strong jaw and the contrast between his light eyes and dark lashes. He stood there looking at me and my wolf howled at seeing him, smelling him. I was starstruck.

            “Sutton? You ok?” Jason’s voice penetrated through my thoughts. Just like that, I snapped out of my haze and felt the rejection boil up in me. Emotions flared through my body, anger, sadness, embarrassment. I settled on anger finally as he continued to look at me. Shoving past him roughly, I stalked into the house.

            “Just peachy.” I hissed as I walked past Jason. He looked confused for a moment before turning and looking at me, a hopeful expression displayed.

            “So I was thinking we could stay in tonight and just hang out. You know, order some pizza and watch a movie. Like the old days.” My narrowed eyes were trained on Evan the whole time Jason spoke. He noticed my hateful glare and I thought I saw sadness and regret flow through his face before he looked down, shoving his hands in his pocket. Probably just my imagination I told the more compassionate side of me, who felt bad for hurting Evan. I mean, was the death glare really necessary?

Yes. Growled my wolf.

Someone does not take rejection very well. I commented.

Someone should shut up before they get their asses kicked. She snarled at me.

Like. You. Could. I said slowly to her. Provoking her was just too much fun.

I seriously hate you right now. She seethed. I smiled briefly.

Hmm, that hurt. But that’s too bad, because guess what. I don’t really care. The last thing I heard were her furious growls before I cut her off. I suddenly realized Jason was still waiting for my answer.

            “Not tonight Jason, maybe next time.” His face fell and I turned quickly and headed up to my room before I apologized. It was true that I was pushing Jason away, but it was just too hard to be around him when he’s surrounded by Evan’s overpowering scent. True to my promise, I’d spent more time with Taylor and I was glad I had. Yes, she’s annoying and incredibly rambunctious, but she’s incredibly sweet and generous. I didn’t realize how much I had missed hanging out with her. As for Taylor, she was soaking up my attention happily. It was sort of depressing to see how much she craved my attention and I’d never noticed.

            “That was pretty sad.” Lisa commented as we walked into my bedroom. I flopped down onto my large bed and nodded into the mattress.