Chapter uno

Hades' PoV:

"Go and take a nap. A blind dog could see that you're tired. And don't come out until tomorrow morning." I chuckle at my grandma's harsh words. I just got off the plane and as she said, I'm pretty tired. I have a nine hour flight behind me after all.

And instead of sleeping as I intended to, this stupid little thug (an about nine year old child) kept kicking my seat.

Thinking she is joking, I keep seated on my chair at the family dinner table and take a sip of my juice. A yawn creeps up my throat and I struggle to hold it back. Before I know it, grandma stands up and clears her thoat, waiting patiently behind my chair. I shake my head and stand up, letting the yawn escape my mouth.

"Sorry." I say ashamed, standing in front of her.
"Oh get out of my face." She pushes my back slightly and I laugh. I missed her. I've missed two years of her life, due to some unpleasant misunderstanding, but she still is the good old grandma I was raised by.

"Oh and Hades?" I hear her ask, while I was walking up the stairs.
I turn around mid-step and raise an eyebrow.
"Yeh?" I ask.
"I missed you." She said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I internally shake my head. She's never been good at showing her feelings. She acts like she doesn't care about people, when in reality everybody knows she does.

"I love you too, abuela." I smirk, almost cracking up at her surprised face expression.
"Have a nap now." She turns around. I almost missed her small smile before she did, but I saw it. It feels good to be home again.

><><><><

I woke up the next morning at 6:30. Considering the fact that I went to sleep before dinner, I would say I slept quite long. Running down the stairs and seeing my grandma already making pancakes. I kiss her cheek and open the cupboard in order to get me a glass of orange juice.

"How was your sleep?" Grandma asks me, putting five pancakes on a plate. I lean my hip against the kitchen counter and take a sip of my juice.
"Nice. And yours?" I answer, sitting down next to her after she turned off the stove and made herself another plate.

"Good. What are your plans for today?" I think about her question for a second, while taking a bite of my breakfast.
"I thought of having a good ol' run in the woods after breakfast. And afterwards I don't know yet." I shrug.

"Well, be careful. The hunters have recently talked about a new wolf pack. I have not personally seen them yet, but just know." Grandma says. I nod and finish my breakfast.

The moon is still up when I make my way outside after changing into my running attire. That's what I missed about Sandstone hill. I was born here and I couldn't imagine moving away. Permanently, that is. I've been gone for two years, but never once did I have a thought of moving there forever, no matter how sunny it was everyday and no matter how tanned I was.

I started running and my brain just stopped thinking. I love running, sports in general, but running always allowed me to relax my mind.

When my parents died in a car accident, I was just a little boy. Three years old, to be exact. My grandma took me in, raised me and gave me everything I needed. To be honest, I was a little brat. But then I turned ten and started doing sports, running being my main sport at the time. It gave me that strange satisfaction and I enjoyed it.

As I was passing the trees and picking up speed, however, I started thinking. Unfortunately about something I wanted to avoid. Someone, I wanted to avoid. I shake my head, not again. I picked up even more speed and stumbled over a loose root. God damn it! I stopped running, in the middle of the forest.