sixteen

Jimin nervously sat on the couch, staring at the clock. Earlier he'd been moaning and groaning about wanting time to speed up, but now that it was 5:58, he wanted to die. Yoongi would be there at six, he'd told him the night before. Then he'd winked and said he was never late. So Jimin sat on the couch and played with the sleeves of his shirt, staring down the clock and trying to use his mind to make the clock stop.

       Taehyung was on the love seat, lazily scrolling through television channels. Jimin had half a mind to ask him what he should do, how to gradually form a relationship but before he could the door was swinging open and the clock was blinking a bright 6:00.

       "Honey, I'm home!" Yoongi yelled obnoxiously, throwing his coat onto Jimin's floor and flopping onto the couch next to him. Jimin immediately relaxed – this was normal, this was him and Yoongi being friends and chilling on the couch and Yoongi complaining about work. "You will not believe what happened today."

       "What happened today?" Jimin asked, playing with Yoongi's hair as Yoongi slowly sat up. His eyes were bright, and Jimin thought that maybe it was the prettiest thing he'd ever seen.

       "My boss asked me if he could buy the rights to my song. My song, Jimin! I wrote it and he wants to sell it for some famous person to sing can you believe it?" Yoongi grabbed onto Jimin's waist and spun him around, and part of Jimin wanted Yoongi to kiss him all over his face but he pushed it down.

       "That's amazing, Yoongi. That's really cool." Jimin said. He stared down at Yoongi, because from the place in his arms he's a little bit taller. Yoongi was looking up at him and Jimin was licking his lips and finally after a few minutes Taehyung gets up off the love seat.

       "Dear lord, you two are hopeless." Taehyung said. He pushed Jimin's back as he walked past, sending Jimin lurching forward and tipping Yoongi off balance. They fell back into the couch, Jimin flopping awkwardly on top of Yoongi, their faces practically smushed together but not quite.

       "Sorry," Jimin said, but he didn't make any move to get off of him. Yoongi just nodded and kept looking at him, and for a second Jimin wanted to scream because just do it already, but then Yoongi was moving his hands to Jimin's waist and holding him like his life depended on it.

       "I'm going to kiss you now."

       "Okay."

       Yoongi leant forward as Jimin leant down, and their lips touched for maybe a fraction of a second before Jimin was pulling back, thinking about how wrong this was, and leaning back in. He put his hands on the couch next to Yoongi's head and pressed his mouth against Yoongi's again.

Jimin had thought about this very moment more than he liked to admit, wondered if Yoongi would taste like chocolate or pencil lead, because he chewed on the ends of pencils when he concentrated. Then, Jimin realized that he tasted distinctly of strawberry cupcake and Jimin pulled back from the kiss much sooner than he'd intended because what a traitor.

"You got cupcakes without me." Jimin muttered, looking at Yoongi in disbelief.

"I bought you a cupcake, I wanted to celebrate and got hungry on the way home." Yoongi explained, he seemed kind of upset that Jimin had stopped kissing him just to accuse him of eating cupcakes without him.

"Well then why didn't you say so?" Jimin looked around for the cupcake box, but there wasn't one anywhere in sight and he looked back at Yoongi, who was grinning sheepishly at him.

"Well, firstly because I was kind of busy," Jimin blushed and looked away but Yoongi kept talking. "And I may have also eaten it on the way here."