54- Really?

The following morning broke with brilliant sunshine; the storm and rain over.  Lucy woke up in Ethan’s safe and warm embrace; his eyes gazing at her.

“What?”  She murmured sleepily.

Ethan could feel the rippling sensation her voice created as it traveled throughout him and he reached for her as he pulled her closer to his needy body.  His hands caressed her curvy back and she sighed; her breath tickling deliciously against his chest.

“I can definitely get used to you being the first thing that I see in the morning.”

“Yeah.”  Lucy agreed; her eyes closing automatically as his fingers ran along the length of her back.  “I could definitely stick around for this.”

As reward; he moved his head closer and kissed her tenderly; but soon the kiss became more and more heated and when he started kissing along her neck; she sucked in her breath and pushed him away firmly.

“Ethan. Stop.  We have to go down for breakfast.”

“I’m not hungry for food right now.”  He mumbled against her shoulder.

“Ethan!”  Lucy gasped as he nipped her skin playfully.  “I have to go down.  Us girls are all going in to town to so some shopping for Grace;”  she sucked in her breath sharply when he bit her neck the tiniest bit harder than before; ‘… this morning because your brothers;” this time she moaned; “… are leaving after lunch.”

Sulking; he drew away from her; just far enough to look her in the eyes.  “Why do you have to go too?”

Lucy twined her fingers through his hair.  “Because it is important to her that I go as well; out of all the girls, she feels most comfortable with me.”

He looked into her eyes for a very long time before pulling away from her altogether.  “Yes; she does.  I suppose you have to go with then.”

“Good.  I am glad that’s settled then.”  She planted a quick kiss on his cheek before hopping out of bed.  “Can I use your shower before I go down?”

Ethan’s eye twinkled while his eyes roamed over her body.  “As long as I get to join you.”

“Sorry; you have to make room in your closet so I can bring some of my stuff here for when I stay over again.”

Ethan’s eyes glazed over before darkening.  He stepped over to his closet and opened the door.  With one scoop; he emptied space in the shelves and his other hand grabbed hangers off of the rail.  He walked over to the window and flung it out.

Lucy giggled before she closed the door to the bathroom.  “You are going to be in trouble!”  She sang from the other side.

When her words eventually sank in; he looked outside the window to where his clothes were lying on the wet grass.

Nope; he thought.  I am not in trouble; Cassy is going to kill me!

By the time they got downstairs; everybody else was at the table already eating.

“So; you decided to join us at last?”  Derrick asked with a smirk.  [I didn’t think you would let her out of bed at all today?]  He added privately for just his brothers to hear.

“I was told to get with the program.”  Ethan said; and when his brothers looked at him as if he were talking a strange language he just shrugged.

Silent conversations flashed around the room and looks of comprehension told Ethan that his brothers were now on the same page as he was.

Conrad looked at Grace broodingly.  “Can’t I come with?”

One set of eyes flashed at him; startled.  Six more pair of eyes rested heavily on him.