A Lion and a Wolf Part 3(Jaime Lannister x fem!Stark reader)

(a/n: Over 1000 reads!!! Thank you guys so much! It means a lot to me that you put up with my sporadic updates!! *there is a memory in this part. It's in italics*)

The news of your death hit Jaime hard. The moment he heard, he made an excuse to leave the room. He was heartbroken, but more than that, he was angry. Angry with your mother for sending him away, angry with his father who had made the alliance with Roose Bolton that caused your death and angry with himself for falling in love with you in the first place. Jaime pushed into his chambers and slammed the door behind him. For a moment, he sat with his back to the door breathing heavily as he tried to fight back tears.

Soon, there was a knock on the door and his sister's voice called out, "Jaime?" Jaime inhaled deeply before telling Cersei to leave. He wanted to be alone and he certainly did not want to see Cersei. "Jaime, open the door," Cersei told him as she tried to force her way in. Jaime clenched his good hand and punched the wall. "LEAVE, CERSEI!" It was rare for Jaime to lose his temper, but in his grief he simply couldn't help it. He would not dishonor your memory by giving in to his sister yet again.

Jaime walked out onto the balcony of his chambers where he could look out at the Blackwater. "Farewell, Y/N Stark. I love you. May we meet again in another life," he whispered before succumbing to tears yet again. Jaime never thought he could love someone the way he use to love Cersei. He never thought he was worthy of that kind of love. In the short amount of time he'd known you, Jaime had grown to love every part of who you were and it killed him that he would never be with you now.

For months after your death, Jaime simply went through the motions. He did his best to forget you and move on, but he couldn't. He took care of his duties as a knight of the Kingsguard, but his heart wasn't in it. Mostly he avoided his sister as much as possible, especially now that their father and Joffrey were both dead. He really wanted to leave King's Landing and he got the opportunity when Cersei requested that he retrieve Myrcella from Dorne where she'd been sent to forge a union between House Lannister and House Martell. Jaime took Bronn with him and used the time at sea to clear his mind.

Jaime's original plan to sneak into Dorne was unsuccessful and he found himself in front of Prince Doran soon after his arrival. After explaining his situation, Doran decided not to throw Jaime in the dungeons and to treat him as a guest. That was how Jaime found himself strolling in the gardens with Myrcella. "Uncle! I must introduce you to my new friend, you will absolutely adore her!" Jaime smiled at her, but his thoughts returned to you. "Wait here! I will go find her." Jaime shook his head fondly.

"You are not like other Lannisters," a voice said from behind him. Jaime turned to find Ellaria Sand standing there. "I used to be, but something changed me," Jaime responded, giving her a slight bow. It was no secret that Ellaria despised the Lannisters after what happened to her paramour, Oberyn. "Something or someone? A woman, perhaps?" Ellaria gave him a knowing smile. Jaime sighed. He had not known he'd been so obvious. "I can always tell," Ellaria said, as if reading his mind, "Who is she?"

"Was. She died. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She had auburn hair that shined when the sun hit it and clear grey eyes that resembled the sky after a storm. She had this way about her. She was strong, but at the same time, she was so caring and compassionate," Jaime forced the tears to stay away as he met Ellaria's gaze. She was still smiling at him. "She sounds charming. What was her name?" Jaime did not notice that Ellaria's eyes were now focused behind him, at the two young women approaching. "Her name was Y/N. Y/N Stark." Ellaria's grin grew even wider and Jaime was worried her face would crack. "Perhaps it is time for you to meet Myrcella's new friend," she said gesturing behind him. Jaime turned and dropped his helm.

"Y-Y/N?" Your eyes widened at the sight of the man now standing in front of you. "Myrcella, why don't we give them a moment?" Ellaria said, taking the princess by the elbow and leading her away as you and Jaime continued to stare at one another. "No! You're dead!" Jaime cried, his surprise quickly transforming into grief and anger again. "I should be, but I am not," you told him sadly. You were happy to see Jaime again, but you were certain that he had moved on especially since he thought you were dead.

"I mourned you! I was told your whole family was slaughtered!" Jaime yelled. "They were. I wasn't there. I left almost as soon as we arrived at The Twins," you were forcing yourself to stay calm. You weren't surprised that Jaime was angry. You were angry as well. You had been robbed of not only your family, but of the love you could have had with Jaime. It was that love that you wanted and that was the reason you left the Twins.

You quickly remounted your horse, hoping you could leave without your mother or brother noticing. Unfortunately for you, you weren't that lucky. "Y/N Stark, where do you think you are going this time of night?" your mother's voice rang out in the empty courtyard. "I'm leaving, Mother. I need to be with him," you told her. "No. If you must leave, you will go to Dorne." You glanced down at her. Why would she want you in Dorne of all places? You asked her. "If this war continues much longer, you will be safe in Dorne. There is no loyalty to the Lannisters there." To be certain you did as she asked, your mother sent six guards with you.

Jaime looked closely at your face and could find no dishonesty there. "You wanted to come to me? Your mother told me that you wanted nothing more to do with me. It's why I left with Brienne so willingly," he told you. You shook your head as your eyes welled up with tears. Jaime pulled you to him with his good hand and kissed the top of your head. "I am never letting you out of my sight again, Y/N. I am leaving soon and I am going to take you with me, but first I must speak with Prince Doran." Before Jaime could walk away, you pulled his lips to yours. Nearly a year of missed kisses lead to the most passionate kiss Jaime had ever experienced.

"Gods, I missed you," he said when you parted. "And I you," you whispered before taking his arm and leading him to the prince. Jaime wasted no time once he was in front of the Dornish prince. "I will not take Myrcella away. I have seen the love that has blossomed between my niece and your son and I cannot in good conscious take that from her. I will not deny her the love that I thought I had lost and I will face Cersei's wrath if I must. I leave tomorrow with Lady Y/N."

True to his word, Jaime left the next morning along with you and Bronn. He was on deck, looking out at the calm sea when you approached him. "What is on your mind, my love?" you asked him, putting your arms around his waist. He smiled down at you. "I am going to renounce my knighthood and become Lord of Casterly Rock as my father wished, or that is what I wish to do." Your heart sank for a moment. If he was to be Lord of Casterly Rock, what would become of you? You had no family anymore. "Oh? What is there to stop you?" you asked, not certain you wanted to hear the answer.

Jaime chuckled and moved to face you. "You. I will only rule at Casterly Rock if you are by my side, Y/N Stark. We have been denied our love for far too long." You met his Lannister green eyes and smiled. "I love you, Jaime. I do not care if you are a lord or a knight, I would follow you anywhere." Jaime couldn't begin to describe how he felt with his wolf by his side once again. He kissed you deeply and, for the first time in his life, the lion felt complete.

>?)2