Chapter 22

After assembling Taeguk's new bed, all of us crashed on the couch including Taeguk. I held Taeguk in my arms as she drifted into a deep sleep. Taehyung fell asleep on my shoulder and I found myself drifting off on top of his head.

"Eomma I'm hungry." Taeguk peeped.

Nope, I guess she wasn't sleeping. I opened my eyes and nodded. She crawled out of my arms and jumped on the floor. Taehyung stirred and moved his head to the other side of the couch. Thank goodness. I stood up and stretched, yawning. Taeguk grabbed my hand and dragged me into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and pointed to the top shelf.

I looked at the top and tried to see what she was pointing at. There were only eggs.

"You want eggs?" I asked.

"Cookies." she said.

To be honest, I didn't have the energy to make cookies.

"Go have the cookies in the pantry, Taeguk." I breathed out.

"Aniyaaaa, I want mommy's cookies." she whined.

"Taeguk, mommy is tired. I can't make cookies right now." I sighed.

"Mommyyy... Pleaseeee!!!" she whined, raising her voice.

"Taeguk! I told you to eat the cookies in the pantry." I said, raising my voice.

I looked down and saw Taeguk with wide eyes. Her eyes were wet and she was about to burst out crying. And she did. I immediately kneeled down and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, Taeguk. Mommy didn't mean that." I said, stroking her hair.

"What happened?" Taehyung said, running into the kitchen.

Taeguk immediately ran to Taehyung and hugged his legs. She started crying even harder and squeezed his legs.

"She wanted me to make cookies but I told her to eat the ones in the pantry." I said, running a hand through my hair.

Tae picked up Taeguk and shushed her. She stopped crying and didn't look at me at all. Taehyung brought her upstairs and stayed there for a bit as I sat down and sighed, continuously running a hand through my hair. What did I just do? I just scared our daughter and possibly even ruined our relationship. I never imagined myself to be that type of person, to burst out in anger.

Taehyung came down the stairs and sighed, sitting in front of me. He held my hands and looked at me.

"Be careful." he whispered.

"I know. I didn't know I would do something like that. I didn't know that I even had this type of personality, to shout at my daughter." I said.

"I know, you're a great mother. Just be careful next time and don't raise your voice. You'll scare her." he said.

I nodded and started to tear up. Was this syndrome making me worse by the minute? I couldn't stop thinking about how the future will be. If I would get meaner, or if I would forget everything one day including my own family. Taehyung reached over the table and hugged me.

"Don't think about it. The more you think about it, the faster the syndrome acts and affects you." he whispered in my ear.

I nodded again and pulled away, wiping my tears.

"Eomma?" I heard.

She shouldn't see me like this. But most importantly, I hope she didn't hear our conversation.

"Appa, is eomma okay? Why is she crying? What's a 'syndrome'?" she asked.

I whimpered when I heard her say 'syndrome'. She didn't need to know about this. I walked out of the kitchen and up to our bedroom. I heard Taehyung explain something to her, but it sure wasn't the real meaning of the word. I sighed and walked into our bathroom, splashing cold water on my face. I suddenly felt tired, like I needed ten hours of sleep. So I took a really quick shower and climbed into bed, falling asleep immediately.