Ch•11- Normal

Walking around in school for the next few days was extremely difficult. Everyone in the hallway gossiped about me. Their heads turned over their shoulders to look at me. I trudged slowly, looping my thumbs in to my book bag straps. It's no secret what happened at my house. Word gets out, videos, photos. Nobody asked me anything, they just watched me as if I'm some sort of criminal.

"Hey Jes" My friend April nudged me "Don't worry about them. They don't know anything"

"No, they know everything. Everyone does" I sighed, sinking lower in to my sweatshirt. Even though it's mid May and I was burning up, a sweatshirt was the only thing that held me together at the moment.

April was about to speak, but her voice faltered. She didn't know what to say, what was there to say to something like that? April doesn't know what it's like to go through something like this. She's never had her house torn apart by her father. Her life hasn't been torn apart. I continued to my classroom and tried to get through the rest of the day.

***

I was suppose to meet Natalie in the parking lot after school, and she was to take me to the hotel in which I was staying at (because our house was unusable at the moment) but I didn't.

I rode my usual yellow bus home. I didn't want to stay in some fancy hotel, my room would do just fine. I climbed off the bus and ran down the driveway of my house. From here, you could still see that the place was trashed. Parts of the house were still in the yard, tables were flipped over, chairs were hanging in trees. Construction workers had placed 'Do Not Cross' tape over the entrance to keep people out, not me.

I slipped under the tape and entered the house cautiously. It creaked and rocked under my silent feet. Furniture and photos were completely destroyed. In the kitchen, pots and pans and papers laid out all over the place. The one photo of Dad and I surprisingly stayed put on the fridge. I adjusted the picture so that it was straight. Across the house, I could hear voices. My body froze for a second. Was that Dad talking? Who else was in the house with him.

I exited the kitchen quietly, only to ram right in to another body. "Oof!" I stumbled back, catching myself on a table "Hey, watch where you-... Coulson?"

There he was. My favorite man in the whole wide world. It's been months since I last saw him. He hasn't changed a bit, not even the suit looks different "Hi Kid, I didn't expect to see you here"

"Coulson!" I jumped in to his arms. He wasn't expecting me so he fell back a little bit.

"It's been too long Jessi" he hugged me and set me back down on the floor "who knows that you're here?"

"Well..." I rocked back on my heels "I do"

Coulson chuckled "at least one person does. Now that you're here, may I asked you a few questions" he pulled out a cellphone and looked at me "just a quick analyses of things"

"Oh, uh sure" I nodded.

"First question. Do you like it here?"

"Sure..."

"Why'd you hesitate?"

"It's just this whole situation that we're in at the moment..."

"Oh, okay" he typed in some stuff on to his phone "Second question. Is Mr. Stark good to you? Does he do anything bad, harmful, dangerous?"

"Besides a couple days ago?"

"Yes, other than that"

"Then No. He's a good guy Coulson. We've bonded over the past year. I've really gotten to know him and he's really gotten to know me"