Monsters

Chapter 24: Hurt

I flinched when he said the word 'like'. My ears twitched as his heartbeat played a song. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. My heart was sinking. I shook my head in denial.

"Seth, I can't." I stated. "You deserve much better."

"What are you talking about?" He asked. "You are what I want."

"No, I may be what you want," I paused. "But I am not what you need." Seth looked down with teary eyes. I placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. "You will find someone. She will love you better than I ever could. She will be the light in your darkness."

"Do you not like me?" He asked. His voice cracked while he spoke.

"Don't get me wrong, I do. I know it will be hard but until you find that special someone." I explained. "You will find her, I promise."

"Whatever." He said. I sighed and got up.

"I am here for you, Seth. Remember that." I made my way out of the door and closed it behind me. I sprinted out the front door and to my truck. I pulled out of the driveway.

-
I sat in my truck for what seemed like forever. My feet finally stepped out of the vehicle as my keys dangled in my hand. I slammed the door shut and dragged my feet to the front door. I froze when I heard heavy a heartbeat ringing in my ear. My body turned around to see a familiar face. Leah had a serious war face. Her fist were clenched tightly. Voices shouted in the distance. She came up into my face. She started shouting at me. I tried my best to tune her out. I pushed her away with my hands and walked away. A hand grabbed my hair and threw me on the ground. Leah got on top of me and was shaking me.

"Leah, get off of her." Sam instructed. My body didn't want to fight her but my mind was screaming to get the hell out of here. I pushed her off and stood up. I brushed off the dirt. I turned my head. My eyes caught Leah's fist coming my way. I raised my hand to catch it. She tried to free her wrist which made me hold onto it tightly.

"Are you done?" I asked weakly. Leah ripped her arm free and stomped off. I turned on my heel and walked inside. My shoes were kicked off as I continued walking around the house. I lightly touched each step and went into my room. I closed the door that didn't have a lock. My eyes stared at my bed. I ran and lunged for my bed with open arms. I wrapped the blankets around my body and covered my head. A knock was heard from the window. I peeked out slightly to see Jared waiting for me to open the window. I closed my eyes and covered my eyes with the blanket. The window opened and closed. Heavy footsteps followed the heavy heartbeat to the other side of my bed. Weight started sinking on the other side.

"Avery?" He called out for me. I hugged the blankets closer to my body. A sigh was released as blankets were being moved. Warm arms wrapped around my waist that pulled my closer to a warm body. "You okay?"

"No." I choked up. I turned around to face Jared. He stared at with wondering eyes. I put my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

"It will be alright, Avery." He said in a soothing voice. It calmed me down a bit. I closed my eyes tightly as his embrace tightened a bit. I wanted to relax. I want to get away from the mess. To get away from society. I felt like society laughs at my face when I screw up. Society had laughed at the problems that had me in a chokehold. I guess you never really do realize what you have until its gone. I snapped out of my thoughts when a knock from downstairs was heard. I slowly released myself from Jared's embrace and walked downstairs to answer the door. The pack were blocking the doorway. I stepped back to let them in but instead Leah walked in.

"I have to apologize for my actions." She stated angrily.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand why you did that." I said. She growled and stomped out of the house. Sam glanced at me then walked out. The rest of the pack followed after the two. I walked back upstairs to see Jared waiting for me to lie back down. I got onto the bed and laid down. I placed my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. I pulled the blankets over us.

"Why did you put the blanket over us?" He asked.

"Too much light." I mumbled. He laughed and hugged me tighter.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong?" He asked. "Or should I wait?"

"Seth said he likes me." I replied. Jared tensed which made me worry a bit. "I told him that he deserves much better."

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"He probably won't be able to keep up with me." I answered. "Like you." He raised his eyebrow as he smirked.

"Is that a challenge?" He asked. I shrugged and closed my eyes.

"Can I take a nap?" I asked.

"No." He said flatly. I smiled and made myself comfy for a nap.

-
The next day came as I walked into the school building. Bella met me at my locker which was surprising. Edward was glued to her side as usual. Memories flashed through my mind when I saw the two sitting together.

"Hey, Ave." Bella greeted. She frowned a bit when she noticed it was the nickname Lizzie always called me. I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

"Hey, Bells." I said in return. Her frown turned upside down. Edward smiled as his greeting. I gave him a tight smile and grabbed my things out of my locker. Alice came up and stole the two away. I sighed and walked down the hall. I was stopped by a teacher who grabbed my arm.

"Miss, we have a new student and she needs someone to show her around." She stated.

"But I am kind of new too." I responded.

"I don't care. Now, get to the office." She demanded. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the office. I pushed open the door to see a girl standing with a bored look on her face.

"Oh, Avery." The lady greeted from behind the desk. "Are you here to show the new student around?"

"I guess." I answered. The girl's eyes sparkled when she saw me. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Goodie, this is Lily Simmons."

--
Hey, how was it? Feedback, please. Eclipse is in and so is a new character.

sydscool She hasn't been at school recently but she is alright. I HOPE THIS MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER!!

Lily Simmons is played by Holland Roden

Vote, comment, and follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie