Sleeping Ninjas: Chapter 1

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, PLEASE DON'T!"

"Ughhhh..." "Why not, Wally?"

Artemis was getting annoyed of Wally's pleading and her throat ached from their whisper-screaming argument. The rest of the team were watching on in amusement , but were (mind you- were) starting to question their motives. They expected Wally to be the first person to jump into action, not.... BEG... to stop!

Just 10 minutes prior, they had zeta beamed into Mt. Justice. Conner and Miss Martin were holding hands whispering, every other sentence, a giggle escaped her mouth as Conner almost smiled. Kaldaur was reading while walking muttering under his breath, "Betrayal", "Helpful! That was a terrible deed!". Wally and Artemis were arguing over something that didn't deserve much credit, but which flavor of ice cream was better.

"I'm just saying, chocolate chip has a delicate equality between the vanilla and cho-"

"How would you know! You just stuff the food into your mouth like breathing!"

"SO! At least I have a flavor that makes sense! Mint Ice cream! Who made that!"

"Well you should eat some! At least it will help with your breath!"

"My breath is perfectly fine! If you tried to be reasonable an-

"YOUR telling me to be reasonable! Your the one who needs to shut up and -"

"GUYS! Shut up and look!"

Their argument had lead them to the entertainment room. At first you wouldn't notice anything different. The TV in the corner, the same rug, the same gray rocky walls, the same sofa, the same ninja sleeping with an elephant- WHAT!

Looking towards the spot where Miss Martian's finger pointed, they (Kaldaur in the front with the others carefully following behind them) saw what was easily the cutest thing they had ever seen. Robin in his costume, was laying on his side with his legs tucked in slightly, and arms underneath the pillow cushioning his head. His cape, still attached to his shoulders, was draped over his body like a blanket. Lying against his chest was a small purple-blue elephant with a named tag stating his name was Peanut. His breathing was slow and peaceful. Truthfully, it scared them at first seeing Robin so calm when he was usually tumbling and running around as if the Joker was after him.

Artemis and Miss Martian- "Awwwwww.... That is adorable!"

Wally- "ADORABLE! This is perfect BLACKMAIL! SOMEONE GET ME MY CAMERA!"

Wally ran off to his room in the mountain. His sudden remark caused Robin to stir, pulling his hands from out under the pillow and pulling the elephant closer, he then went back to his first position. Everyone was watching the little bird as he continued to sleep, oblivious to the world.

Kalduar- "Would it not be invading privacy of Robin's?"

Artemis- "If anyone is invading privacy, it's the kid who has access to the mountains security footage, technology, codes, vents-"

A crash vibrated through the mountain being followed by Wally's "colorful" language. This obviously hinted that Wally had still not found his camera.

Miss Martian- "It's not like he tries to invade our privacy."

Artemis- "Fine, but wouldn't you want a picture off him like this?"

Miss Martian/Kalduar- "Yeahhhh...."

Artemis- "See! And how many times do you see Robin as vulnerable as this! This is perfect PAYBACK!"

Artemis also ran out of the room, headed towards the kitchens. You could hear her muttering on her way there, "okay, so where's the....." The sound of kitchen cupboards being thrown open echoed off the bare, rocky walls.

Kauldar- "Payback?"

Artemis- "Yes, payback!"

Miss Martian/Kaldaur- "Ahhh!

Artemis was holding in one hand: every possible color of sharpies there ever were, and in the other: a spray can of whip cream. Conner, who had been leaning against the wall; face expressionless, let a smirk fall upon his face.

Artemis shook the can and took a few steps closer to the couch where the bird was sprawled upon. She had a devious smirk playing at her lips. She stopped shaking the can and by now she was leaning over Robin's sleeping body. She openly smirked as she locked her eyes on her target while everyone else had unknowingly taken a breath.

"YOUR GOING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED!"

The whisper scream caused everyone to take an audible breath and turn face to face with Kid Flash who had gone pale with his camera in hand.