Ch 53: Surprised

Ashley :

"I still can't believe the amount of assignments Mr. Walter is giving us." I grumbled as I exited out of the classroom, my bag feeling ten times heavier than when I first came in an hour and a half earlier.
"Babe, relax." Grayson said and grabbed my bag and threw it over his shoulder as if it weighed nothing. "You've been stressing too much lately."
"Well mid terms are coming up and I really can't afford to fail my classes." I walked over to his jeep and climbed in while Grayson threw both our bags in the back seat.
    I settled into the seat, the cold seeping through my jacket.
"Geez, why is it so damn cold?!" I turned up the heat till it blew onto my face, warming me up instantly.

   "It's nearing December babe." He reversed out of the spot and made his way out of campus. "How does a hot chocolate sound ?"
"It's sounds amazing." I sighed as the feelings returns to my numb fingers. I reached over and interlocked our finger. "You're the worlds best boyfriend, you know that?"
His lips turned up into a smile as he brought my hand to his lips and kissed it.
"And you're the worlds best girlfriend. Even when you are being kinda moody."
"Am not!" I pouted and crossed my arms across my chest.
He put up his hand and with his thumb and forefinger separated it slightly to show an inch.
"Just a little."

   I swatted his arm playfully and smiled.
"Okay, maybe just a little." I admitted and his smile widened "but it's only because of these damn mid terms and I'm freezing."
"Baby it's not even that cold." He reasoned as he pulled into a Starbucks. "It's like 75 degrees out."
I opened the door and stepped out, wrapping my jacket tightly against my body. There wasn't any wind but it was still cold. Grayson walked up to me and took out a gray beanie out of his pocket. He placed it on my head making sure to cover my ears before kissing me on the nose.
"There, better?"
   "A little ." I admitted as I leaned on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss.
He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to him as we walked inside.
   He walked up to the barista to order two hot chocolates, while I picked a corner booth.
My phone vibrated in my pocket and I saw I had a message.
"We need to talk. " My fathers text read.
    "I'll be home in two hours." I texted back wondering what it is that he needed to talk to me about.

  He had been acting very edgy lately, dark circles underneath his eyes as if he hadn't slept well. My mother looked the same.
  "Two hot chocolates topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup." Grayson laid a cup before me before sliding into the seat across from me.  "What's wrong ?" He asked, his lips turning up in concern.
"My father wants to talk to me. " I wrapped my hands around my mug and inhaled the sweet scent of chocolate. I loved chocolate.
  "What do you think it's about ?" He asked taking a sip of his own cup, his brows furrowed.
I shrugged as I mulled over every possibility.
      "Do you want to go now ?"
"No." I shook my head and reached for his hand. He didn't hesitate to take mine in his, rubbing his hands against mine.
  "You weren't kidding, your hands are freezing." He kissed my fingers one by one as I laughed.
Almost five months dating and he just managed to make me fall even more in love with him.
   I don't know how I had gotten so lucky.
He was the most patient and loving person I had ever met. Always making sure that I was fine and spending as much quality time with Micah and Madison, who he absolutely adored and who adored him right back.
At first I had been concerned, worrying that my parents and friends would think I was trying to replace Damian with Grayson. But I had made it very clear that my children would know who their father was. Just not right now.

    "Are you imagining me naked on this table while you ravish me ?" He asked with a wink.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my cup, taking a sip trying to hide my flushed cheeks.
"There you go, get some color in those cheeks." He traced his finger across my cheeks before laying it on my forehead . His smirk disappeared replaced with a frown "you look pale, are you feeling okay ?"
     My lip turned up as I heard the concern in his voice.
"Just a little tired is all." I shrugged.
His frown deepened as he cupped my cheek.
"Baby, you need to rest. Stop stressing so much about mid terms, you'll do great. " he reassured me "You're just making yourself sick."
   I sighed and nodded.
He was right of course. I had been stressing too much lately and hardly slept, staying up odd hours of the night studying and then having to take breaks every time one of the twins woke up.
  It was taking a toll on me.
"Alright, I'll try to relax some." 
A smile lit up his face as he nodded in approval . We spent about a half hour talking and just enjoying being around each other .