Cheerleader Caught His Eye (Jabari Parker) -Maya-

This one's for leverettet ! Sorry for the super long wait but I hope you like it (:

-Maya's POV-

"Let's go Milwaukee!"I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I was at a Bucks vs. Pistons game and I was way too into it. The Bucks were losing, but it was only the 3rd quarter. There was still hope.

I cheered and cheered from my seat that was close to the Bucks' bench. My favourite player was Jabari Parker, and he was right there playing.

I fixed my Bucks jersey that had Parker written across the back. I shouted,"Go Jabari!" He looked in my direction for a split second. Did he see me?!

The 3rd quarter ended, and the Bucks were losing by 3. I didn't feel too defeated. I mean, there was still a whole quarter left. They could easily defeat the Pistons.

I sat down and waited for the 4th quarter to start. I noticed Jabari looking at me from the bench. I smiled at him and waved. He waved back, causing me to freak out on the inside.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Jabari Parker just waved at me. He noticed me.

I saw him chuckle which made me giggle. He's so damn cute.

The 4th quarter started and the Bucks quickly tied the game up, with Jabari Parker scoring a 3. He pointed at me right after he scored. I just kept cheering.

The Bucks did win, and that made me really happy. I smiled to myself, picking up my coat from the chair.

I started walking towards the doors, but I heard someone shouting which made me turn around.

There stood mothereffing Jabari Parker, grinning ear to ear.

I looked around, seeing if he was calling someone else. But nope, everyone else was heading to the doors, not paying attention. I pointed at myself. "Me?"I asked. I saw him laugh and nod.

I slowly walked over to him. "Um, hi,"I greeted awkwardly. "Hey, my name's Jabari,"he introduced, holding out his hand. I shook it, laughing a bit. "Yeah, I know who you are." "Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure to know who you are,"Jabari smoothly spoke. I replied,"I'm Maya."

"I don't really do this, but I just had to come talk to you. You're absolutely beautiful,"Jabari admitted. "You probably do this to every girl. I know I ain't any different,"I smirked, crossing my arms. His eyes widened. "No, no. I don't. I promise, I don't,"he denied.

I laughed a bit. "I'm just playing. You did really good in the game." "It's easier to do good when there's people cheering for you,"he replied, making me blush a bit. "Yeah, I get a little loud with cheering,"I admitted sheepishly.

Jabari chuckled. "You're cute, Maya. Can I have your number so we can hang out?" My eyes widened.

Jabari Parker, THE Jabari Parker, wants my number. He wants to hang out with me? Oh my god. Give him an answer, Maya! He's waiting and you're just staring at him!

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Pass me your phone,"I finally spoke. Jabari chuckled a bit, handing me his phone. I put my number in and named the contact: Princess Maya👑💕I handed the phone back, smiling.

Jabari glanced at the screen and looked up at me, laughing. "Oh, so you a princess now, huh?" I nodded,"That's right." He chuckled and said,"Well, princess, I'll call you later." "Okay, Jabari,"I replied.

"I gotta go, but see you later,"Jabari said before jogging away. "Bye!"I called after him.

I went back home and jumped onto my bed. I stared at the ceiling. Did that really just happen? My all-time crush talked to me and even asked me for my number. We're going to hang out. I squealed and kicked my legs around.

I soon stopped when I heard my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID but it was an unknown number.

I answered the phone,"Hello?" "Hey Maya, it's Jabari." "Quick caller, huh?"I joked. He replied,"Man, I couldn't help it. I think I'm in love with you." He sounded so serious. I laughed and responded,"Really now?"

"No, seriously Maya. Can we go on a date tomorrow?"he asked. "Uh, yeah, I guess?"I answered unsurely. "Alright, see you then,"he said before hanging up.

This is like a dream come true. The man that I've been in love with for the longest time knows who I am. And not just that, but he wants to go on a date with me. Can this get any better? Nope, because this is all I could've asked for.