29.

"Julian?"

"Hey! I thought I'd help you babysit... No, actually, I was thinking you were bored of babysitting so I brought you frozen yogurt. But that's just the bonus." He said.

I raised an eyebrow. "And the real package?" I said.

He smirked. "Why, my presence, of course." He said, confidently.

Before I could say something sarcastic to lower his Jupiter sized ego, Damien appeared behind me.

"Hey, Claire. Food is ready. You coming?" Damien said.

When Julian saw him, his playful demeanor immediately vanished. Damien seemed to have just spotted the brunette by the door and smiled brightly.

"Wow! Julian Turner? I've heard so much about you. I can't believe how you kids grow up so fast. What are you doing here?" Damien exclaimed.

"I was just-"

"You know what, you should join us for dinner and then you can tell me all about it. I'm sure Claire doesn't mind. Come on. Food is ready." Damien said before walking away.

I stared at Julian who didn't even spare me a glance as he walked passed me and into the kitchen with Damien.

You see, Damien White's family is, like Julian's family, a close family friend as well. Damien's dad and my dad were friends back when they still attended Harvard. While Julian's dad and my dad have known each other since the day they could walk. While my mother and Julian's mother met in high school and have been close friends ever since.

I first met Damien at a dinner party when I was thirteen and he was sixteen (he's the same age as my brother). The dinner party was hosted by my parents. Julian was there too, because close family friend and all. And let's just say, from the moment Julian met Damien... Julian immediately... disliked (I'm not going to say hate because that's a pretty big word) the guy.

But Damien, being the sweet, innocent and charming guy he is, didn't even notice.

Suffice to say, dinner was full of tension. What, with a charming but clearly oblivious prince, a dark and cold hearted demon of the underworld and a couch potato, what could possibly go wrong?