eleven

johnson starts the conversation while we're all gathered, but sprawled out around the living room.

"i was evaluating lyrics the other day-"

"why am i not surprised?" sam cuts him off his with irritated tone.

can that boy ever shut up and just let someone talk. he always has to interrupt a person's sentence and it's beginning to irk me. his ego is the size of space and he's just a walking stick of nuisance.

the door bell rings and derek is the first one to spring up from the couch. a fearful and panicked look is displayed on his face. his eyes flickers to all of us.

"they're here."

"relax." sam tells him. "i'll get the door."

i cross my legs on the floor and patiently wait for sam to return with the guests. of course, the others don't care and continue to converse with each other. i'm a little nervous to meet them though.

they could be super pretty and nice. a deadly combination because who wouldn't swoon or be jealous over that?

"um," i hear sam loudly question. "i thought chanel was just coming."

wait, does that mean it's more than one person? or is it a different person at the door?

an unfamiliar female voice replies, "no girl is independent, honey."

derek's eyebrows raise and that's the first expression i notice. johnson perks up immediately after that. soon enough, i hear footsteps approach the living room, and following sam are three girls.

one i instantly recognize off the bat. jack's girlfriend.

"there's already a girl in here?" one of the girls asks, stopping her movements.

"yes," liam speaks up. "naomi, that's chanel, ciara, and evelyn."

he points at each girl and they're all stunning. my self confidence is falling off a cliff at the moment as i absorb their names. even their names sound classy. i just keep falling lower and lower.

"hi, baby." ciara says, walking toward jack.

i can't help but watch the scene unfold before me. that definitely caught my attention and i want to see what he does since he claimed that they're not together anymore. whatever that means.

not together, but probably hits her up every time he wants to have a 'good time'. to my surprise, he's frozen in his spot, most likely having no clue on what to do. she voluntarily sits on his lap and he doesn't oppose and protest.

i press my lips together, growing awfully confused. maybe they aren't broken up and he just lied to us all. he's been overprotective of me lately and that's why i'm puzzled. does he not realize i'm still here?

"derek." evelyn scowls, narrowing her eyes at him.

"me?" he points to his chest.

"no, i'm talking to the fucking wall!" she curses.

i'd hate to see her extremely mad. she looks like she'd throw a vase or two. he looks team aback, looking at johnson for help, but he just shrugs in response.

"hello, j." she greets johnson and he smiles at her.

it appears that johnson gets along with everyone. that's not even shocking. he's the most humble and kind out of all of them. i haven't seen him threaten anyone with his gun once.

he's like the glue that holds everybody together. without him, there'd be a world war III. not with just the guys, but the girls included.

"you okay?" liam asks into my ear. "you're tense." he squeezes my arm.