The Tragic Game

Chapter 28: the tragic game
-bex p.o.v.-

I watched the boy; he sat slumped on the bench, his fingers fidgeting around, one second they were repositioning his glasses, the next running through his hair, and then picking at his toast, and then over again. James' eyes darted down the table before meeting mine. He gave a nervous little smile before frowning.

"James, you need to calm down." I told him. "Why are you so nervous, we're only playing Ravenclaw. Nothing to worry about."

"I can't help but be nervous," he shrugged and ran his hands through his hair once more.

"Well you should stop." I giggled, "why are you so nervous, we'll win, like always."

"Yeah, I guess." He nodded.

"Let's go," Wood spoke coming up behind us.

James stood with a shaky grin and followed Wood and the rest of the team out hesitantly. I rolled my eyes at the back of his head and started after them.

"Hey!" Someone called from behind me. "Wait up!"

I turned to see it was my Slytherin friends. "Hey guys!" I grinned at them.
"Hey Aria, we just wanted to wish you luck." Lucius smiled and gave me a hug.

"Yeah, I'm sure you'll do great." Regulus winked and gave me a tight hug.

"You always do." Severus chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

"Aren't you guys sweet." I smiled at them. "Thanks, I just want the game to finish quickly."

"Potter should be able to get the snitch relatively quickly." Lucius shrugged.

"Then you get to spend the day in detention with McGonagall." Severus smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't I always."

They all chuckled, "that's right, you usually do, and when you aren't you're hanging around that group of Gryffindorks." Lucius smirked at his clever wording.

I giggled, "they aren't that bad, you know."

"Yeah, you're right. They only bully people constantly." Severus frowned and muttered. "Mostly me."

"Yes, they do, and I'm trying to get them to stop." The tips of my mouth dipped into a frown.

"My brother has gotten a bit better." Regulus shrugged in slight recognition.

"Dumbledore! What are you doing? You're suppose to be on the field with the rest of us!" Wood ordered coming back into the castle.

"Sorry Wood, they were wishing me luck and we got off track." I gave an apologetic smile.

"My apologies, Wood." Lucius raised his head in a stiff nod.

"Well let's go then," Wood gave Lucius a nod in reply and pushed me away.
"Bye Sev, Reggie, Lucy!" I called over my shoulder with a giggle.

"Good luck!" They cheered together.

I allowed Wood to lead me out of the castle and onto the grounds. "So you really are friends with those three?" He questioned.

"Yeah. Is there something wrong with that?" I asked him.

"No, nothing." He answered. "I'm just surprised that you would be able to become friends with them. I mean it's no secret you have anger issues, you would think that the Slytherins of all people would be the ones to challenge that." He shrugged.

I giggled, "actually, the other Slytherins don't pay me much attention. They know that I am a friend to Lucius, Regulus, and Severus. They aren't one to question someone above them. Lucius is basically the Slytherin Prince, they don't question him or go behind him in anyway. Regulus comes from a very old, very pure family, they wouldn't want to get on his bad side. And Severus knows how to create spells, he would be able to hurt then in many ways, he could brew a potion in minutes and have them hurt in seconds. The Slytherins may be cunning and able to charm their way out of things but they aren't one for confrontation with a greater power." I shrugged, explaining it to him.

"That's interesting to know," he looked rather bemused at the new information.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Slytherins aren't exactly known for confrontation; that's us, maybe Hufflepuffs, but then again, the puffs would be too sensitive about feelings."

We entered the pitch, the other team already out and some of the crowd already gathered.

"Let's go into the locker room with the others." Wood said watching as the Ravenclaw team worked together in perfect harmony.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him away from them and towards the locker room. "It'll be okay, Wood." I gave him a reassuring smile and a pat on his arm.

He heaved a sigh and opened the door for us, allowing me to go in first. With one last glance over his shoulder he entered. The whole team was watching as we walked in the room, they all frowned in confusion as Wood sunk down onto the bench. He looked anxious and about ready to break. I sat next to him and wrapped a comforting arm around him.

James made a point to glare at Wood, causing him to shift uncomfortably under my arm. I rolled my eyes at him, acting playful but on the inside I was proud that James remembered the role he was suppose to be playing, over the past weeks James had fogotten to act like a boyfriend a few times, almost giving it away, but we played it off rather nicely.

"What's wrong, Wood?" Marlene asked softly and looked at me for an explanation.

"We just saw the Ravenclaw team practicing out on the field." I stated simply.

They all looked confused, waiting for further explaining.

Wood looked at each of us. "The Ravednclaw team is good, not as skilled as us, but they are a force to be reckoned with. They have amazing team-working abilities, they move together, as one. We need to be focused and prepared to be able to beat them. Do you think we can do it?"

"Yeah!" Hunter and Kaleb cheered. Sirius smirked and gave a snarky reply sounding something like, "the nerds don't stand a chance against us." Marlene gave a smile and nodded happily. James gave a smirk and nudged Sirius, agreeing to his previous statement.

"Let's do this then!" Wood encouraged, standing. Wood lead the team out of the locker room, all pumped up and ready to play hard, I followed them slowly, taking my time.

"Good luck!" Someone attached me with a hug.

I chuckled and hugged the boy back. "Thanks Liam." I grinned and watched as he ran away, going towards Lily who stood at the bottom of the stands. I gave a small smile and continued walking.

I was the last to line up between the two teams, making Hooch wait impatiently. I smirked at her causing her to glare and blow her whistle almost immediately starting the game. With a laugh at her irritation I pushed off the ground.

"Dumbledore!" Wood yelled at me, flying up to meet me in the air, "try not to get Hooch too mad, we don't need unfair penalties." He chuckled.

"No promises," I winked and zoomed away from him, only hearing his chuckles as I knocked a bludger flying for Marlene away.

"Aye! Dumbledore!"

I turned to the voice all while knocking a bludger away. My eyes widened slightly when I saw it was Ozzy. I flew over to him with a big smile. "Ozzy! What are you doing here?" Ozzy was standing in the teachers area, right next to the commentator and Minnie. I landed in the stands, standing on the edge of the railing.

"Be careful!" Minnie exclaimed, "you aren't allowed to be over here!"

"Is there a rule that says I can't come stand in the stands?" I smirked at her.

The boy commentating laughed, "it seems as if Bex Dumbledore is going to be taking a break."

"Not a break, just a new position, it gets boring having to stay on a broom all the time." I smirked.

"Oi! Dumbledore, get back in the game!" Wood yelled.

"I never left!" I yelled back. "So Ozzy, what's up?" I asked.

"I just came to see you play." He chuckled.

"How wonderful!" I smiled. Hearing the familiar 'wooshing' sound I called to the people in the teacher/guest stands. "Everyone duck!" The all followed my instructions and I turned around. The bludger was coming right for me, I hit the bludger with force, knocking it out of the field, only to have it zoom back, I hit it away once more. "See ya later Ozzy!" I exclaimed and jumped on my broom, flying away, leading the bludger with me. I zoomed around the pitch, the bludger never leaving my tail.

Multiple people in the stands and field alike turned to me, wondering what was happening.

I smirked and turned around on my broom so I was sitting backwards on the narrow broom. "What is Dumbledore doing?!" The commentator spoke in the background. With a small burst of speed the bludger tried to get me. I smirked and flung my bat at it, knocking it away. Another bludger came at me, I hit it away and before I cold react the first bludger hit me in the back, knocking me off of my broom.

My scarlet quidditch robes flapped around me in the wind. My hair was flowing freely in the rushes of wind billowing around the pitch. Everything seemed to slow; Wood turned to face me after scoring, Sirius knocked the bludger away, Marlene watched in horror, James chased after the snitch, even the Ravenclaws watched with open mouths; the audience had yet to notice that I fell, their eyes following James and the golden snitch. I closed my eyes and awaited the pain.

My back met the hard ground, pain shooting up my spine, causing me to squint my eyes and clench my fists. Faintly, just before I lost consciousness I heard a whistle blow and a voice spoke, "Potter has caught the snitch!" Cheers were heard everywhere. "Oh no," the voice spoke softly, "Dumbledore is lying on the pitch floor."

And then everything went black.

----------
Hey guys! What do you think of the game verses Ravenclaw? Good? What do you think of Bex's accident?
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. thanks guys!