47

the door was opened by phil's clumsy hands, his lips in a tight line and his fringe fawning over his forehead. as soon as he opened the door his eyes landed on the face he was almost used to see everyday now, a small smile on the tanned boy's face, his dimples popping in both cheeks, and a polythene bag in his hands.

"hey," dan's voice was different from what he sounded like on the phone. it was smoother and deeper and fuck, phil loved it.

"oh, hi, um, i'm phil, you probably know, i, fuck, come inside, i mean if you want to, i mean," phil rambled, but was snapped out of his trance as soon as a giggle escaped dan's lips and he stepped forward to ruffle his hair. phil's lips parted in slight shock and embarrassment at the action and dan's cheeks flushed pink as phil let him in and closed the door behind.

dan was wearing black jeans, that showed off his ass beautifully, and a black shirt that hugged his shoulders. his dusky hair was in a messy fringe across his forehead and his warm eyes were watching phil from where he stood.

"hey," phil greeted again, properly this time and watched as dan placed the bag on the hotel's bed.

"hi," dan smiled at him shyly, biting his lip and contemplating what to do and say next. no doubt it was slightly awkward, with phil standing in front of him in real life, his muscular shoulders covered by a blue shirt and his blue eyes staring at him intently.

"so," phil pushed his hands in his pockets awkwardly, waiting for something to happen. with the way dan was biting his lip and looking at him through his hair, he just wanted to pin dan to the wall and kiss him.

"so," dan retaliated, crossing his arms over his chest, his heart racing from the possibilities of what could happen in this small hotel room. it wasn't like he didn't trust phil, but he didn't trust himself around phil. he knew that even if something were to happen, he will not be able to refuse the blue-eyed boy.

"fuck you, you are making this so awkward for me," phil suddenly raises his voice, making dan jump and loose his trail of thoughts.

"well what the hell am i supposed to do?"

"hug me," phil says and dan's cheeks flush almost immediately. his folded arms drop from his chest, and he expectantly stares at phil.

"well, should i just.." dan trails off, raising his eyebrows. "do it?" he questions and phil groans in frustration taking a few steps forward and looking straight into dan's eyes before wrapping his arms around his waist.

dan is caught off guard as his eyes widen, but he quickly regains his composure, snaking his arms around phil's neck and holding him close, enjoying the way phil's body feels against his. his face is buried in phil's neck as he inhales his scent, almost falling into a trance and he never wants to let go of phil.

"i've been waiting so long," phil says into dan's neck and dan almost shudders, his neck being the most sensitive part in his body.

"i'm sorry for not showing up at the station," dan mumbles, pulling phil closer and phil sighs into his hair.

"it's okay," dan can feel phil smiling against his skin and there's nothing more he could want in this moment.

dan's heart is racing wildly when phil pulls away from their hug, placing a kiss against his flushed cheek, and all he can feel is giant moths flapping in his stomach. but he shouldn't. he just got together with bianca and he has no idea why he did so, but he doesn't want to break up with her again.

for now he wants to forget about the consequences, and focus on phil as he pats the empty space beside him, beckoning dan to come and join him on the bed.

--
I HATED THIS CHAPTER PLS FORGIVE ME ILL MAKE UP FOR THIS