Chapter Twenty-Six

{Chapter Twenty-Six}

I wake up when Jer gets up and I open my tired eyes to look up at him. He smiles apologetically at me and wipes a strand of hair from my eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He says and I wave him off with a yawn.

"What time is it?" I ask as I sit up and run a hand through my blond hair. He glances at his black watch on his left hand to check the time.

"Almost six." He replies and I nod.

"Okay, I'm going to get going then." I reply, knowing Mom is going to get mad if I'm not back for dinner. He nods and I stand, stretching to wake up more. I yawn before looking to Jer and moving to wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me to hug me back and I sigh as I wish I could stay here. But I know I can't and eventually I pull away from him.

"I'll see you later." I mumble and turn to leave but he grabs my wrist, pulls me back to face him and kisses me chastely on the lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love." He replies after breaking the quick kiss. I smile at that and nod before I leave the house. I walk across the lawn to my car, looking it over for any damage but it's perfectly fine, other than the scratch on the driver's door.

I still cringe at that scratch but don't fuss about it as I slide in. I start my beautiful, amazing car, listening to her purr before I pull out, contemplating briefly if I'm too obsessed with my car.

Nah, I just love this thing so much.

I park in front of my house tiredly and go up the driveway, across the path to front door. I walk in, getting assaulted by the smell of turkey and berries that make my stomach growl to remind me of the fact that I haven't eaten in a little over five hours.

"Levy?" Mom calls and I sigh, moving through the cool house to the kitchen that's slightly warmer than the rest of the house because the stove is on.

"Yeah?" I ask as I lean against the wall next to the silver fridge while Mom opens the oven to check the bird.

"Could you set the table? Also, where have you been? I can understand being gone yesterday but you've been gone most of today. What were you doing?" she curiously demands while squirting the baking bird with more baste out of the tray the turkey is cooking in. I'll admit, the entire turkey looks so gross with seasoning on top and juices running down its browning skin, but Mom knows how to make it taste amazing.

I pull my gaze from the cooking turkey to the cupboard where all the plates and bowls are positioned right above the silverware drawer. I move to grab three plates and the appropriate silverware before I go into the dinning room to set the table. I place the napkins under the forks and spoons and assure that each plate has a glass for water in front. I go back into the kitchen and slouch against the wall again.

"I was out with friends. I'm sorry I was gone so long, I'll try not to stay out that late again if you don't want me to." I finally reply to her question, though I don't specify which friends because I know she's assuming I was with Lydia and Jess, and she does not need to know the truth yet.

"It's fine, Levy, you have fun with your friends. Just don't do anything bad, okay. Stay out of trouble. Oh, would you get the wine from the fridge too? It's the white zin." She adds and I nod, not asking what the heck white zin is and instead look in the fridge for some kind of wine that I assume is clear.

Though, when I look I don't see any clear wines in the fridge. But I do only see one wine bottle and assume despite the pink hew that it's what she was referring to so I take the half empty bottle out of the fridge and put it on the table in the dinning room. I move back to the kitchen to watch Mom as she heats up some corn and green beans.