Chapter Twenty-Three

“No, G, don’t tell them we’re coming,” I hissed into the phone, grimacing as Chloe brought the hair straightener too close to my ear. “It’s going to be a surprise! Do you want them to be distracted if you tell them?”

G, also known as Giacomo or Gold’s tour manager, sighed into the phone. “Fine, fine. But they won’t shut up about you guys. I think they’re more excited to see you then you guys are excited to see them.”

“Wouldn’t doubt it.”

“I warn you though— Rian really needs a hair cut.”

I laughed into the phone. “I can only imagine… from the pictures I’ve seen online, I can tell he looks like a lion.”

“That’s a good description. Speaking of photos, are you still interested in getting a press pass and taking photos of the concert?”

“Yes,” I said immediately.

“I’ll hook you up. Make sure you’re here early enough so I can find you and give it to you. Who’s going tonight? You Chloe and Yun?”

I nodded, and then remembered he couldn’t see me. “Uh, yeah. Cindy’s in Europe.”

“Oh, I met her at the show the other night!”

I blinked, surprised. “You did? She went to the concert in Italy?”

“Yeah. Noah was really excited. Good way to lift their spirits.”

I grinned. “I bet.”

“Well, I’ve got to go help the band set up. Text me when you get here and I’ll come out to meet you, okay?”

“Sounds good. See ya, G.”

“Bye Iris.”

I hung up my phone and tossed it on the desk, kicking at the feet of my chair. “Are you almost done, Chloe? I’m getting antsy.”

“You think you’re the only one? It’s been months. I can’t wait to see them!” she cried excitedly. “Gold and C.S? I think I just might have a heart attack!”

“Careful with the straightener!”

Chloe stilled, and then proceeded to straighten the back of my hair. “Are you excited to take photos?”

“Yeah,” I said, smiling. “I’m not too good, so don’t have high expectations…”

She scoffed. “I’ve seen the photos you’ve been taking at other concerts. They’re brilliant.”

“I hope these are brilliant… then maybe I can join them as the band photographer.”

Chloe laughed. “They would let you anyway, Iris!”

I sat a little straighter in my seat. “I want to prove to them that I should be their photographer. Tonight, I’m going to take the pictures to prove that.”

“I think Rian is going to like your new dream.”

I smiled. “I think he is too.”

“Okay, let’s hurry and finish getting ready. Yun should be here soon,” Chloe said, setting the straightener done. “Hopefully this six-hour car ride won’t mess up our hair…”

“Six hours… why are we doing this again?”

She slapped me on the back. “For love!”

“They’re going to be so shocked,” I said, grinning. “They wouldn’t think we’d drive up to New York to see them. I can’t wait to see their faces.”