Chapter 4

I woke up to a banging on my front door, and it scared the absolute mess out of me. It wasn't an angry knock, it was anxious and hasty. Before Nicole could wake up, I got off the couch, fighting afghans and duvets, then padded barefoot over to my door. I peered through the peep hole to see...none other than Niall. 

My heart caught in my throat and I gasped, getting down from my tippy-toes and looking down. I didn't even see his face; all I saw was his coiffed hair, his sunglasses, and his hands shoved into his pockets. I was suddenly ashamed of how I was dressed; sweatpants, baggy tee, and hair in a ponytail. Not that it mattered though, because what did I care? 

He banged on the door again, and I pulled it open slightly before he could do anything more. A smirk touched his face, fist poised to hit the wood again, and I could feel his eyes burning holes into me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, surprising myself with how even my voice was.

"Aw, did I wake you up, babe?" he cooed, stepping inside my house and taking the door out of my hand.

"Yes you did. Can I help you?" I asked, watching incredulously as he walked past me, into my living room, looking around. He took off the glasses shading his cerulean eyes, more blue in the sunlight.

"Yeah. What's your name?" He asked, trailing a long finger across the top of a picture frame seated on a table. My breath caught as he turned his eyes toward me, still smirking. 

I decided not to toy with him any longer. I just wanted him out, and hopefully giving him what he wanted would do just that.

"Bleu."

"Do you have a last name, Bleu?" He asked, eyes flicking between me and the things on my table and bookshelves.

"Rochester. Bleu Rochester. And yours?" He gave me a smile, his eyes twinkling.

"Love, you already know my name." He turned away, eyes going up to the top shelf-not that it was much of a strain-and whispered to himself,

"Bleu." I shook my head at his oddness, and looked down at the ground.

"Niall...what are you doing here?" I asked, and suddenly he was right there

All I saw was his chest when my head snapped up, my chin gripped by his hand, to look into his angry eyes. His mouth was slightly agape.

"Do you not want me here?" He asked in a deadly tone, and I was feeling a bit brave, so I shook my head in protest. He narrowed his gaze at me, clamping his lips into a thin set line. His eyes trailed up and down my body, my chin still cupped in his hand.

His lip twitched into an arrogant smirk as his eyes met mine, and his deep voice shook me, "Nice pajamas, Bleu." He said, dropping his hand and turning away from me to walk into the living room. 

I let out a huff, then briskly followed him. He stood near my couch with a bemused look on his face, staring at the covers, well, everywhere. I came up behind him, wanting to scream at him, but I didn't want Nicole to wake up.

"Is this where you slept last night?" He asked, quirking his eyebrow up.

"Obviously." I said, crossing my arms over my chest and raising my eyebrows. He chuckled in a mocking way, making my blood boil.

"Why?" He asked, turning and looking at me...then his eyes trailed down to my chest, and stayed there. 

I quickly unfolded my arms, cursing myself when a wink was dropped in my direction.

"Because my drunk friend needed to crash here." I said, and his eyes darkened, flicking to my room.

"Friend?" He asked, his voice deepening, eyes still glued to the hallway leading to the back.

"Yes. You know, the one that I needed to find in order to leave. Oh wait! You were the jackass that was in my way and wouldn't let me go." I said through gritted teeth, wanting him to look at me so badly. But he wouldn't, he just wouldn't. 

Suddenly a smile flicked across his face. "Bleu, you're going out with me tonight, alright?" He said, tearing his eyes away from where he was looking and beginning to walk past me.

"Uhh, no. How do you know I don't have plans?" I asked, and he stopped right beside me, turning and getting oh so close.

"Cancel them." His voice was low and quiet, which surprised me, though the huskiness of it sent chills through my entire body.

"I'll pick you up at seven." He said, walking toward the door and away from me.

"Hey!" I said, chasing after his retreating figure and grabbing his arm once I'd reached him. Rock hard bicep was all I felt, but I pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

"Why do you think you can just waltz in here and act like I'll do whatever you say-" I started to shout, but he pulled me around his body, pushing my back up against the door and dropping his face to look me in the eyes. My breath was coming in huffs as I stared into his eyes, which were unblinking and murky.

"I want you." He replied simply. 

Without another word, he pulled away from my body, and surprising me, gently moved me away. "I'll be here at seven. Wear something sexy." He winked, opening my door and slamming it shut behind him. I jumped when he did, still shell-shocked from what he said.

'I want you.' His words left a lingering burn deep inside me, confusion and anxiety overtaking me. I whirled around when I heard coughing from behind me, and saw a very, very eccentric Nicole standing there in just her underwear. Thank God Niall had left just moments before, or else he would have gotten an eye-full.

"Bleu?" She asked, her voice hoarse and gruff.

"Yeah, Nicole?" I asked, too restless and scattered to be amused.

"What was all that slamming about?" Her eyes weren't even open.

"Oh, I ran into the table. It was nothing." I lied, immediately regretting it. Even then she could see through my façade, giving me a look that said she didn't buy any of my bullshit. I sighed, looking at the ground.

"It was Niall. He's...taking me out tonight." I said, and I heard her gasp, then squeal. Then she groaned.

"Oh, no. That did not help my headache." She said, clutching her head. 

Okay, that made me laugh.