Chapter 7

It was Saturday morning, two nights after the date, and I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Not a minute had gone by since that night that I hadn't thought about Niall. And it was killing me, because there was no text, no call, no sign of him. Nothing. It was almost like he'd completely forgotten about me since then. I was strangely disappointed, I mean, he was so different, and he was gorgeous.

As much as it hurt me how he'd expected submission from me on the first date, much worse had been done to me before. I'd never been treated so well on a first date.

But then there was the other side of me that hated that asshole with a passion.

My phone chimed, signaling an email. I sighed, lifting myself from the comfort of my bed, and I walked over to where my phone was plugged up. I unlocked it and opened the email, reading who the sender was. It was my work, asking me if I could work tonight.

Honestly, I didn't really want to, and there were fifteen other people on the list that I knew would want to do it, so I answered with a sympathetic 'no', sliding my phone back on the table and flopping back onto my bed.

I heard a loud banging on my front door, and my heart nearly exploded with the thought that it was him. I decided if it was, I was going to tell him off the best way I could, and go for a dramatic door-slam at the end. But when I pulled the door open, still clad in my pajamas, I found Nicole on the other side, sunglasses tipping on the end of her nose and mouth quirked up at the side. Her pocket book was over one elbow, her overnight bag on the other, and a tray of coffee in one hand.

"How are you, sweet cheeks." She asked, and I almost cried; I was so relieved to see her.

I escorted her inside, then tackled her in a hug once she'd set everything down. She stroked my hair, shushing me as she rocked us back and forth.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, leading me over to the couch. I plopped down, letting my head fall back on the cushion. I grabbed a pillow and held it to my stomach, a long breath escaping me. Nicole laughed, tucking her legs underneath her.

"You are so ridiculous." She said, snorting. I grinned at her, turning my head to the side.

"On a serious note, do you want to tell me how the date went, and why you've been locked up in your house?" She was giving me a 'no nonsense' look, and I sighed again.

"He was just so...I hate him. I hate him so much, Nicole." I said, and all joking left her face. She knew I was serious-I didn't hate anybody. Not even Darren.

"What did he do?" She asked, putting her arm on the back of the couch.

"He, he took me out to that really nice seafood restaurant. It was great, we talked about a lot, and it was so easy to talk to him. But then he made me tell him about Darren, and I told him to leave it alone, I could take care of myself, and he told me 'you're mine'. How ridiculous." I snorted, and Nicole waited for me to continue.

"Anyways, after dinner, he took me to the lake, and decided I was going to kiss him, even if I didn't want to. He gave me this." I said, tilting my head to the side and showing her the giant bruise he'd left. She hissed in mock-pain, poking it.

"Ouch!" I said, jumping back.

"Sorry. Did he really do that?" She asked in sympathy, and I gave her a 'really' look.

"No, I did it to myself. Yes, he did it! Well, when he took me home, needless to say, I was humiliated, and slammed the door in his face. He's dropped off the planet since then," I shrugged, and she nodded.

"Well, it sounds to me like you need a night out. Just me and you, yeah?"

"Where did that get us last time?" I asked, and she whacked me with a pillow when I laughed.