chapter | 13

| mara's point of view

An old woman in a maid uniform escorted me to the Jeon's living room. "Please have a seat while I call Jungkook."

I took a seat and waited patiently for the woman to return. My eyes wandering at the family pictures on the wall and the gold medals from various sports competition that I assume was all Jungkook's.

"He says you can come up to his room. It's upstairs, third door to the left." The lady said and left me to attend to the cooking in the kitchen.

I was going to thank her but she was gone the minute I turned around. The house was pretty much empty except for Jungkook and the maids and of course me. I've been wondering why Jungkook called me out and of all the places he wanted me to go to, it was his house.

"Jungkook." I tapped my knuckles two times against his door.

Jungkook was fast enough to open the door to his room. He pulled me inside immediately and pinned me against the wall, "Who told you about Sewon and I?"

I was surprised by the sudden greeting that I couldn't speak right away. He had me cornered, staring at me intently.

"Who the fuck told you about me and Sewon?!" He yelled. "Answer me when I'm asking you a question!"

"No one!" I told him, intimidated by the scary look in his eyes, "I swear. I was just snooping around on my own when I knew about Sewon privately giving you lessons." I explained but he didn't loosen his grip, "Why are you being like this? Let me go, Jungkook."

He threw my hand away and leaned his face closer to mine, "Next time, don't stick your nose up in my private life. Know where your place is." Jungkook threw a hurtful gaze at me and I glared back.

"If you want Sewon back, you can do it yourself!! I'm not going to apologize to an asshole like you." I growled. I've had enough of his shit. I grabbed my bag and stormed out.

What was he so mad about? Was he embarrassed? The fuck. Who gets embarrassed over piano lessons. Whatever. I'm so done with him.

*

It was Saturday. I don't need to go to school. I don't need to see Jungkook, Taehyung or Jimin at that. I don't have to listen to Bethany or my Spanish teacher who seemed to be holding a grudge against me. My mom was downstairs cooking, after that she'll probably go straight to work. She goes off at 9pm. She's very hardworking. I wish I was too but one look at my homework, I'm already wavering. I look up to my mom because she was independent even without my dad. I wanna be like her someday but how can I be when I'm being pushed around by three, clearly, disturbed boys.

"Mara! Come down honey. Breakfast is ready." She called out. I kicked the covers off my feet and went to the bathroom first before getting my ass downstairs.

I was too out of it lately and just tired that I didn't want to talk for the time being. My mom kept bringing up fun stories but I just nodded after every sentence.

"Mara, that's peanut butter." Mom said as she poured juice in my glass while I spread peanut butter on my sandwich. "You don't like peanut butter."

"Oh." Was all that came out of my mouth. I didn't realize that it was peanut butter until she pointed it out. My mind was blank and there was only silence in it.