Forget-Me-Not | 勿忘草

Character(s): All

Genre: Omake Chapter

Shipping: Oikawa x [Name]

Note: The 'happier' ending where Oikawa and [Name] meet again.

--

"[Name]-chan! Sakura-chan and Kimi-chan are waiting for you already."

"Hai!" The said girl replied, picking up her blazer as she traced her finger at the picture of her brother once more. "Ittekimasu, niisan." She smiled at the picture, whispering her goodbye before gently putting it back down, dashing out of the room.

Making her way to the stairs, she smiled at her friends who waited for her at the bottom of the stairs. She froze when she was about to step down the stairs. A sense of déjà vu hit her, causing her vision to blur. Suddenly, standing at the bottom of the stairs weren't Sakura and Kimi, but silhouettes of two males. She couldn't make out their faces or remember who they were. Her lips parted as an emptiness grew in her chest, as if she was missing someone, or something.

"[Name]?" Sakura called, snapping her back to reality. [Name] blinked and the silhouettes before her dissipated, fading back to Sakura and Kimi.

"Are you okay?" Kimi asked, raising her brow at the younger girl.

[Name] blinked at them for a moment before shaking the thought out of her head, making her way to her friends with a wide smile on her face. "Iie, it's nothing." She assured them, hooking her hands onto theirs. "Let's go."

"Have a safe trip!" Adrian and Hana waved at the girls as they closed the gate behind him.

"We will!" [Name] waved back and they started walking down the street, making their way to the train station.

"Do you think we got the same class again?" Kimi asked, turning to Sakura.

"Don't know." Sakura shrugged. "Probably."

"Three years in a row, huh?" Kimi grinned, tilting her head back to look at the sky. It was hard to believe that a new year had begun and both she and Sakura were now third years. She then turned to [Name], who was excitedly skipping her way by their side.

[Name] stared her polished brown shoes while she hummed, clearly in a great mood. Her older friends were relieved and glad that she wasn't nervous about being in the second year at all, back to being the cheerful and lively girl she was. As she watched her feet while she walked, she noticed the white lines of the road and decided to balance herself on it as she continued to walk.

She reached her hands out for more stability and focused on each of her steps, placed her foot before the other. She made sure to not step outside of the line, her lips pouting out in complete concentration.

"Be careful, [Name]-chan."

She whipped her head back and stopped when she heard the soft faded chuckled in the air. Turning around and realizing no one was behind her, she blinked, wondering about what she heard.

"[Name]? Doushita?" Kimi asked, stopping in her tracks.

"Did you forget something?" Sakura did the same, her face already filled with worry.

[Name] was quiet for a moment, body still turned around. A mysterious feeling tugged in her heart, a certain emptiness she couldn't quite grasp. "Did you hear that?" She asked quietly.

"Nani ka?" Kimi asked, raising her brow. She turned around too, trying to look at what the [Hair Color] was looking at.

"It's... Nothing." [Name] said, sounding as if she was trying to convince herself more than convincing her friends. She turned back to the front and got off the white line, walking closer to Sakura and Kimi.