Chapter 18

The past weeks have been crap. I broke up with my girlfriend, school got worse, I only got bad grades and because of this I got bad moods and argued with my mother all the time. I felt really guilty and stopped talking to everyone except dad and Bex, but I only talked to them with short sentences. I barely came out of my room anymore and my depression started getting the best of me again. Every night, my mom would come into my room, thinking I was asleep. I could always hear her cry, and she'd sit on my bed every night, kiss my head, stroke my hair and whisper things like "please talk to me", or, "please come back to me". Ofcourse I felt guilty. I missed her, and I wanted to talk to her more than anything. I just didn't want to screw up once again. But, looks like today I did screw up again. I got into a fight at school. My parents just arrived here and they're now talking to the principal while I'm waiting for them. I waited for about half an hour, until my parents walked out and took me to the car. Once we arrived home my parents said we needed to talk. "What's going on? Why are you acting like this?" Mom asked. I tear up and tell them about the break up with Mel, how bad school is going, and how I felt guilty about arguing with mom. We talked for a long time after that. At first about how we'd solve my problems, then about how they missed me and how much they loved me, then we started planning nice family bonding trips. For the first time in a long time I felt happy again. My mom hugged me tight to her and sighed happily. "I love you so much dear, please never shut me out again" she said and I nod. "I love you too mom"

Later that night I couldn't sleep, and for the first time in a long time, I went to my parents' room and stayed with them for the night

I really love my family more than anything