seventeen

lil short update for you guys

       Jimin tried not to make impressing people a habit, really he did. He had stopped dying his hair and stopped wearing that ridiculous pink dress that most of the newest matchmakers wear, but when it came to Yoongi, all he wanted was to impress him. Even though Jimin saw himself in a positive light, it was like it didn't matter unless Yoongi saw him that way, too. Maybe that's why he'd spent two nights purging sleep to memorize every constellation projected on his ceiling.

       Maybe that's why, now, with his hand cradled safely in the palm of the older, he's pointing to the sky and rattling off the names of stars like he'd been born knowing them, checking Yoongi's face every once and a while to make sure he was interested. Every time he'd checked, though, Yoongi would be staring at him with a little grin on his face, and Jimin would squeeze his hand, mutter a quiet 'pay attention' and go back to pointing out his favorite constellations.

       "Jimin," Yoongi said in the middle of Jimin trying to scout out the Little Dipper. He looked over only briefly before going back to his hunt. "Hey, do you want to know something?"

       "Sure," Jimin said, still staring up at the sky. It took Yoongi pulling him to the edge of the sidewalk and grabbing his face in his free hand to gain Jimin's total attention. Even then, with his back pressed against a wall and cheeks squished uncomfortably between Yoongi's thumb and index finger, he was still flicking his eyes between Yoongi's and the sky, looking for the infernal constellation.

       "I think you're prettier than all those stars up there." Yoongi said quietly, gaze flickering to Jimin's mouth as Jimin's eyes flicked towards the sky.

       "Don't be cheesy." Jimin said, finally looking at Yoongi instead of the stars overhead. Yoongi was grinning at him, big and stupid, and Jimin reached up to flick his nose. "I'm lactose intolerant."

Yoongi looked momentarily concerned, because Jimin had just had a milkshake and however much buttercream frosting is on two cupcakes. Then he realized Jimin was trying to be funny and he shook his head, grin still prevalent on his face. "You're a dork."

"You love it," Jimin said without thinking, and Yoongi shrugged.

"Maybe. Get back to me in two months." Yoongi told him. Jimin scrunched his eyebrows together, but before he could question anything Yoongi was pulling him away from the wall he'd pushed him against and started dragging him back towards home.

Jimin contemplated stepping on the backs of Yoongi's heels to slow him down because what's the rush, when he realized that the sun was going down and if they didn't hurry the muggers would be there soon. They fell into the elevator panting and laughing slightly, Jimin leaning against Yoongi and Yoongi leaning against the wall.

"What would you have done if we got mugged?" Jimin asked through pants of breath. He had just ingested a lot of sweets and felt like maybe he'd have a heart attack.

"Thrown my shoes at them, scooped you up and ran away." Yoongi said, looking over at Jimin who was staring back at him skeptically. "What?"

"Why are you being so flirty? I would have pushed you down and ran." Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders. Yoongi laughed and rested his head against Jimin's shoulder, and Jimin rested his cheek against the top of Yoongi's head.

"Guess I'm just nicer than you." Yoongi said. The elevator beeped open and Yoongi pulled Jimin out of it, hand clasping onto his tightly. Yoongi stood next to Jimin as he fumbled around for his house key, Yoongi holding back laughs when Jimin almost dropped it.

       "If you weren't holding my hand hostage this would have been over ages ago." Jimin muttered, unlocking his door. Yoongi just ignored him and followed him into the apartment, where Taehyung and Hoseok were curled up on the couch watching a movie. As soon as the door opened they sat up, Taehyung pausing the movie as Hoseok went into full interrogation mode.

"Did you have fun? Where'd you go? Please don't tell me you had cupcakes again, that's so boring. Yoongi, did you take him to that diner I told you about? What did you have? I like the milkshakes but–" Hoseok was cut off when Taehyung snaked an arm around him and clamped a hand over his mouth.

"Babe, shush." Taehyung said quietly. Hoseok but the inside of his cheek and looked up at Yoongi and Jimin expectantly, expecting them to spill all the details.

Jimin looked at Yoongi and Yoongi shrugged. There was nothing really to tell, but Hoseok looked so hopeful that Jimin felt they should make something up to tell him. Before he could make up a lie about the diner being robbed while they were eating, Yoongi was talking.

"I'll see you tomorrow, right? I should probably go to bed if I want to wake up before noon tomorrow." Yoongi said. He didn't really look tired, and Jimin was sure he'd be up for maybe a few more hours, but he just played along. Cutting their day short definitely beat out answering Hoseok's endless strings of questions.

"Yeah, totally. You'll totally see me tomorrow. Of course." Jimin said, nodding his head fervently. Yoongi laughed and pulled him back out of the apartment. Jimin raised an eyebrow at him and Yoongi shrugged.

"It's only tradition to walk your date to the door." Yoongi said, reaching into his pocket for his house key. Jimin watched as he struggled, saying a silent ha, because Yoongi was getting a taste of his own medicine.

After Yoongi successfully opened his door, he looked over at Jimin who smiled and waved at him. "Night, Yoongi."

"What, no goodnight kiss?" Yoongi asked, grabbing onto Jimin's wrist to keep him from walking back to his apartment.

"Goodness no, I don't kiss on the first date." Jimin said, he turned back around to walk into his apartment, but Yoongi spun him around again and pulled him to his chest before Jimin could even blink. Yoongi smiled down at him and pressed his mouth against Jimin's, and Jimin melted into his touch without much resistance. When Yoongi pulled back, Jimin couldn't help the little frown that appeared on his face.

"Night, Jimin." Yoongi said, winking as he shut the door to his apartment. Jimin huffed and turned away from Yoongi's door.

"Cheeky bastard." Jimin said, rolling his eyes. He walked into the apartment, still pretending to be annoyed as he made his way towards his room, but couldn't help the stupid grin that found its way onto his face once he had safely shut the door behind him.