Love Has So Many Meanings To You And I

Unedited:

Four Weeks Later

E.J’S P.O.V

I walked to the cabinet and pulled out a glass, then made my way to the sink and poured some water in the glass. I was about to get some ice when I heard a loud thump coming from my bedroom. I quickly set the glass on the counter and took off running towards the bedroom. When I got in the room I saw Vanessa head first on the floor. I went over to help her up off the floor, but when I did she turned and gave me a death glare that clearly meant for me to leave her alone. I took a step back and watched her as she struggled to get the strength to get up off the floor; finally I had enough of watching her and reached down and picked her up.

"E.J! Damn it! I can get myself off the floor without your help!" I ignored her arguing at me as I picked her up bridle style. She cursed under her breath about how weak she was. I ignored her till I was able to sit her down on the bed.

"Of course you’re weak, Vanessa, you’ve been laying in a hospital bed for three weeks. This is only your second day out of the hospital. Plus remember what the nurse told you before we left; she said that for the first couple of days you’ll be weak. It’s completely expected.”

Vanessa let out a sigh, I knew she was tired of lying in a bed, but she does need her rest. If you could see the bags under her eyes you would agree with me. I swear every day since she has opened her eyes she has not had one good night’s sleep…

In the middle of the nights she will toss and turn and start to yell ‘Mom please stop.’ The words she yells makes me feel useless, all I seem to be able to do is wake her up and soothe her, but she never seems like she is paying attention to me when she wakes up. She is always staring out the window or a wall.

 I sighed in frustration wondering if I should slip her a sleeping pill, hoping she would finally get much need rest, but I shook my head to that idea. After a minute of hard thinking I decided, “Okay, tomorrow I promise to let you walk around the house, with my help of course, but right now you need to rest honey.” I said. She didn't look at me as I was talking to her. Instead she was staring out of the window. I soon turned and looked out of it too.

It was raining hard and the wind seemed to be in full force. If I had not just been watching the weather an hour ago, I’d swear that we were having a hurricane. After a couple minutes of staring at the rain through the window I turned my head and stared at Vanessa.

She was sitting up in the bed, still gazing out the window. I studied her and saw that she was not only watching the drops fall down the widow, but she was also thinking and hard about something. I wondered if it had to do with her mom…Oh how I really wish there was some way I could erase the memory of her mom from her head, maybe then she will get the rest she needs.

Vanessa out if no where opened her mouth, almost like she was about to say something, but as soon as she opened her mouth she closed it. I was about to ask what is it that she was about to say, but she spoke before I could.

 "I know." Was all Vanessa said, her tone was full of sorrow and her facial expression was filled with misery. It then hit me the thing she might know…

"And what exactly do you know?" I said in a straight tone, trying not to show emotion in case:

A.) That she was talking about something completely different then I was thinking of.