Chapter 31

"Churros with sauces. They have different ones, Sang." Luke said, a dreamy look on his face. "I'll get us different ones, then I can dip my churro into your sauce. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

I blinked and glanced at him, catching sight of the barely masked amusement on Victor's face. "Uh, sure Sugar." I smiled at Luke.

Victor snorted. "And you want to dip your corn dog into her sauce too?" he asked Luke, looking in the mirror back at him.

"Oh yeah, that would totally rock." Luke nodded. "Right Sang?"

I studied him, unsure of just what was going on. Why was Victor so tickled with the current line of conversation? "Right." I said, my gaze locking on Victor as he chortled softly and turned on the turn signal to make the exit for the festival.

"Well as long as your sauce is the only place he plans on dipping his corn dog and churro..." Victor almost snorted as he said the words. I took a sip of my coffee, putting it down as my finger made its way to push at my lower lip.

Luke was momentarily distracted from his food plans and sat up straight. "Wait... what?" He frowned, the tips of his ears turning red as he realized what Victor was saying. "Dude, that's so not cool to make fun of my plans."

"I'm not making fun of your plans." Victor tried to calm down. "What you're saying sounds a tad bit, shall we say suggestive?" He smirked.

I frowned, unsure of what he meant, glancing back at Luke. I tilted my head when he seemed to choke on his coffee and his face flushed with color. "I don't get it." I admitted, dropping my head.

Luke blinked and tried to regain his breath. "Never mind, Cupcake." He managed. "I'm sure Victor will be happy to explain it all since it's his dirty little mind that went there first." He gave Victor an evil eye.

It did its job because Victor did stop laughing and his face paled slightly. "We can just drop it all together." He stated, straightening up in his seat as he drove towards the gate to pay for parking.

"Oh...kay..." I frowned for a moment. "It's part of our date today that doesn't have to be anything but private." I shrugged.

"Good point, Princess." Victor paid for the parking ticket and drove on, finding a spot in a not too crowded area. He backed into the spot so that we could have an easier time leaving.

Luke beat him around the car to open my door for me. He smiled and reached for my bag after helping me out of the car. "Cupcake..." He said, lowering his head to drop a kiss on my lips.

I sighed briefly against his lips before he pulled way, shutting the car door so Victor could lock it. I beamed at him and then at Victor. "Today's going to be amazing." I said, letting Victor take my hand as we started to walk towards the entrance, Luke took my other hand, my bag on his opposite shoulder.

Victor's lips quirked with a ghost of a smile. "I think it's hitting on something amazing for all of us." He said. "But you're here for the food and the music which is remarkable." He said.

"Oh, I'm here for more than just the food." Luke was quick to say, smiling over my head at Victor.

"You are?" came the dry response as Victor studied him.

"Well of course." Luke said.

"You both like music." I interjected, glancing between them worriedly. The point behind this was to allow me to spend time with both of them, not to have things escalate out of control into a fight.

Fighting was so NOT on my agenda today. They'd all done really well with not fighting but sometimes I never knew just when they were teasing or when they were serious.