Chapter Twenty-five

FML

Isabelle got me up at 4 o'clock in the morning on a school day to tell me about the campaign they have today.

Apparently it's a vote for school captain.

At first I asked myself why does every student want to be school captain? But then I realised, it's a vote to the most popular boy and girl in the school. The teachers don't know that, neither do they complain because so many students participate.

Back to the point, Isabelle rang me up at 4 o'clock in the morning because she's in the vote and desperately wants to win. She has been going on about it ever since the last years vote.

Now I am in a grumpy mode. Just great.

What's worse is that Isabelle wants me to come to school so I can hand out more sheets saying 'vote Isabelle'.

I slipped on denim shorts and an oversized top with the word 'whatever' slashed across it, tying it in a knot.

I arrived at school and took in the table with all of the posters on it. Isabelle was too busy talking to students about voting for her that she didn't notice me.

She sighed in relief at the sight of me. "Thank god you're here. You can hand these out". She gave me a stack load of posters.

I started handing it out to random people saying to "vote for Isabelle" with fake enthusiasm. Iwould've made a bit more effort if she hadn't waken me so early and loaded meon coffee. And chuck in some donuts.

I instantly stopped when Lacy strutted by, snatching a sheet off me. "Trust me there's no point in handing these out. I've already won" Lacy smiled rippingthe sheet into shreds. I swear the nerve of this girl.

"And how would you know?" I asked not believing a single word she said.

"Because everybody has already voted for me. But anyway, I'm just helping you so you don't waste any more time"Lacy dropped the papers onthe ground before walking the other way. I grabbed the pieces of paper in myhand and disposed of it in the bin.

"What was Lacy bitch saying?" Isabelle asked making an appearance.

"That she wishes you the best of luck" I lied giving her a smile.

She rolled her eyes. "Seriously what happen-" Isabelle asked but was interrupted by the school bell.

"Oh would you look at that. They're gonna announce the winner soon" I said and quickly hurried to the stadium where they're announcing the winner.

"Good morning everyone. Can you please make your way to the stadium" the principal said over the loud speaker.

I sat down in the fifth row. Everybody was chatting away about who they think is gonna win. In the corner of my eye I saw Lacy, still handing out flyers. She does know they stopped when the bell went and they've already counted the votes.

"Can you please take a seat and quiet down please" the principal said but like I thought nobody did.

Soon later there was a loud whistle from the P.E teacher. "Shutup" the P.E teacher shouted annoyed.

"Ok so we counted all of the votes and the winner is..." the principal started which got everyone's attention.

There was a long pause.

Like a really long pause.

Students waited, anticipating who the winner was.

"Avery Blue" the principal announced looking around the crowd.

I think my heart stopped. I rewinded what he said wondering if my brain was playing tricks on me. No this is real. Fuck.

Lacy stomped on stage and I rolled my eyes at her.

"This must be a misunderstanding. I mean look at her and then me. Huge difference. She wasn't even in the vote!" Lacy screeched at the poor principal.

"Yes, I know that but so many people requested and voted for her so I had to put her in" the principal said.

I could see Lacy opening and closing her mouth like a fish out of water and she stomped away.

That's when I remembered Isabelle.

She glared at me, angrily burning holes at my head and I sure as hell noticed. I don't even want this stupid role. Surely it's illegal or something to do that.

I slowly turned to Isabelle. "I'm sorry I didn't know" I said.

"It doesn't matter" Isabelle gritted her teeth and walked away.

I stared at her retreating figure shocked at what just happened.

And it wasn't fair because the only person I could be angry at was the principal.

××

Hey so how was this update? And I know I haven't done Chase anymore but he will be important later in the book.

Remember to comment and vote
~Ashley.