Chapter Three

Doctor Reid gave you a strange look, and led you outside to where chaos was ensuing. You explained to him that you needed to officially document the profiles of all the children and ring members that you had memorized over the past year. He looked surprised when you told him this and said, "It is quite impressive that you managed to remember so much detail. Let me talk to my boss so I can see how we should go about documenting this."

Reappearing shortly with another man, Doctor Reid walked back up to you and introduced you to SSA Aaron Hotchner.

"Agent (Y/L/N), nice to meet you," you said as you shook the stern faced man's hand. He offered you a nod and asked you to follow him and Dr. Reid, leading you away from the crime scene and the life you had been leading for the past year.

Soon, you found yourself being ushered into the front seat of a black SUV; Dr. Reid got into the driver's seat and started the car. You realized that you were exhausted and numb, everything around you seemed to be a mirage- attainable, touchable, but perhaps not really there. You looked at Dr. Reid with glazed over eyes, trying your best to push through the fog that was creeping in around you.

"Dr. Reid," you said slowly, "where are we going?"

"I am taking you back to the local police station until Agent Hotchner closes down the crime scene." he answered. You nodded your head, barely registering what he said to you.

"Oh, and (Y/L/N), you can call me Spencer. Or Reid. Whichever you would please- if you want."

You gave him a small smile, appreciating that someone in the FBI could still be awkward. You had met far too many agents that were completely closed off from the world; that made no mistakes and seemed to feel no emotions. Dr. Reid -Spencer- was a nice change of pace from the normal agents. He was a nice change of pace from anyone, you realized: he was unique.

Spencer looked at you once more before putting the car in drive and pulling away from the scene. You eyeballed him for a few minutes as he drove, noticing the obvious nervousness that he exhibited. It could be hard for you to not be in control; you usually drove everywhere, but you were far too exhausted today. You relinquished your scrutiny and shifted your balance so that you could lean your head against the car window. It was cool, and you watched the passing scenery as Spencer drove. You could feel him sneaking peeks over at you once in a while, as if he was checking to make sure that you approved of his driving.

Suddenly, you felt a light tap on your shoulder, followed by a bit of a shake. You jolted upright, turning red as you realized that you had fallen asleep as Spencer drove you to the station. He snapped his hand back to himself and looked down into his lap sheepishly. "Sorry," he said, "I wasn't really sure how to wake you. Nobody has ever fallen asleep while I was driving before..." he trailed off. You smiled at him again, and he blushed a bit in return. "We should get inside" Spencer said quietly before opening the door to the SUV.