29: Matthew

I snuck around the Institute halls, at two o'clock in the morning, with Livvy and Dru. The three of us stood in the kitchen, and the two girls were filling up glasses with water.

"Hurry, he might wake up." "I whispered.

"It's 2AM. I doubt he will." Livvy said.

The three of us were pranking James. We were filling up water glasses, and putting them on the ground in his room, so when he woke up, he couldn't get out of bed. It had been Dru's idea. I had told them I wanted to play a joke on James, and they had jumped at the opportunity. James was going to hate me, forever. Livvy and I both carried two glasses to James' room, as Dru kept filling them up. We tip-toed into his room, and set the glasses on the floor. James was snoring softly, and I grinned, amused. The two of us went back to the kitchen, and did the whole process again. It was about our tenth time coming back from James' room, when we heard a door open.

Livvy and I jumped, frightened. I whipped around, to see Anna staring at us. She was dressed in brightly coloured pants, and a white t-shirt. She was rubbing her green eyes, looking exhausted.

"What in the world are you two doing at this ungodly hour?" She demanded, quietly.

"We're playing a prank on James." Livvy whispered, grinning.

This seemed to spark Anna's interest, because she straightened up.

"What is it?" She asked.

We then showed her James' room, half full with glasses. Anna grinned.

"He is going to be very cross with you, Matthew." She chuckled quietly.

I shrugged, grinning. "Nothing I cannot handle."

"I'll help you two." She said.

It took us another hour and a half, but finally, we had filled up James' room with the water glasses. We all then went to our bedrooms, and went to asleep. I chuckled to myself, as I lay in bed. James was going to be so angry with me.

* * *

"MATTHEW!" I heard James bellow.

I opened my eyes that morning, an amused smile planted onto my face. I quickly got out of my bed, and went across the hall, to James' room. Livvy, Dru, and Anna were already standing there, laughing hard. I peered through the doorway, to see James sitting up in his bed, shirtless, looking absolutely furious.

"What have you done?!" James exclaimed angrily.

"Filled your room with water glasses." I stated casually, grinning.

Cordelia and Lucie and then walked up to us, and looked in. Lucie started to laugh at her brother, but Cordelia was only staring at James'chest, turning red. I raised an eyebrow at her, smirking.

"How do you expect me to leave my bed?!" He exclaimed.

I shrugged, amused. "That's for you to figure out."

Emma, Cristina, Julian, and Mark then walked up to us. Emma started to laugh when she saw James, as did Julian. Cristina and Mark looked very amused.

"You're dead when I get out of here, Matthew." James glared.

"It wasn't only me!" I defended. "It was Livvy, Dru, and Anna, too."

"Doesn't matter, I'm still going to kill you." James glared.

"Have fun trying to get out of your bed." I laughed.

We all then got ready for our day, and when I got to the kitchen, everyone was there except James. I laughed, and sat down beside Cordelia. We then suddenly heard someone shout-not a very nice word, if I may add-and then we heard a loud crashing sound. A few seconds later, James walked into the kitchen, still shirtless, soaking wet with water. I burst out laughing, as did everyone else.

"YOU'RE DEAD, MATTHEW!" James shouted.

I jumped up, and raced out of the kitchen. James ran after me, swearing. I only laughed, and ran faster. Long story short, it took half an hour, for James to leave me alone.

* * *

"We're leaving." Diego announced.

We were all sitting at dinner, James had finally calmed down, and I still couldn't stop laughing. Diego and Jaime were now standing up, Diego looking at everyone, expectantly.

"You are?"Cristina echoed.

"When?" Julian asked.

"Thought you'd never leave." I heard Mark mumble under his breath, and I grinned.

"Tomorrow, we have decided." Jaime piped up.

"Why?" Cristina asked.

"I am wanted back in Mexico." Diego then looked softly at Cristina. "We're hoping you will come back with us."

Cristina looked as if she was going to say something, when Mark slammed his hand down on the table, startling everyone.

"Absolutely not." He said at once.

Diego narrowed his eyes at Mark. "I don't think it's your decision, Fey boy."

Mark glared fiercely. "She's not going back with you."

Diego looked angered. "As if she'll want to stay with you--"

"Diego." Cristina spoke sharply, glaring at him. "That's enough."

"You're just saying that because he's your boyfriend." He glared.

"He's not my boyfriend." Cristina spoke simply, sadness flashed in her eyes, but it was gone in a second. "And I'm not going back with you."

Mark immediately grinned at Cristina, and Diego looked annoyed.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I don't belong there, anymore. This is my home, now." Cristina replied.

Diego only sighed, and sat back down, as did Jaime. Cristina looked away from them, and at Mark, who was grinning at her. She blushed slightly, and then looked away. James then leaned over to me.

"Something tells me no one is going to miss them." He whispered.

I chuckled. "I do not think so."

"Well, we will all miss you." Emma cleared her throat.

Everyone stared at her, silently.

"Oh who am I kidding? No we won't. Sorry." Emma looked amused.

Everyone hid their grin, except for Mark who was making sure Diego could see his, while Diego and Jaime looked annoyed. I only chuckled to myself. I was starting to like Emma more and more, everyday.