Chapter 11: Never Have I Ever

Christmas dinner with the Way family was the nicest thing I had experienced in a long time. The food was delicious and everyone was overly friendly. Conversation was constantly flowing, as was the alcohol. Donna (Gerard's mother insisted that I called her Donna) was constantly offering to fill up my wine glass. By the end of dinner, I was practically wasted but I held myself together. By the evening, Donna and her husband went to visit friends and Gerard invited over Frank, Ray and their other friend Bob. We sat around the table together, continuing to drink.

"So Isabel, what games did you used to play at university in England?" Frank asked me from across the table.

"Uhm...games like Truth or Dare, Never Have I Ever...." I said, thinking hard of games that I used to play with my friends back home. 

"Never Have I Ever!" Ray shouted. "Love that!"

"How do you play?" Frank asked.

"So uhm, I say never have I ever done something," I explained. "And if you have done it too, you have to take a drink."

"Okay," Ray grinned. "Never have I ever...had a one night stand."

Everybody drank except for Ray, making everybody laugh awkwardly.

"Seriously?!" Ray exclaimed. "You guys are all sluts."

Gerard and I shot each other an awkward glance, and then he gave me a cheeky smile. I thought about what he had said earlier on after we had kissed. This is not over. He wanted to continue. I definitely wanted to continue what we had started.

"Okay, my turn," Frank said. "Never have I ever...been in love."

I looked around the table and watched everyone hesitate and stare at their drinks. Ray was the first to drink, explaining about his girlfriend and how he had recently declared his love for her.

"Serious Gerard you aren't gonna drink?" Bob said. "What about Sophia?"

Gerard looked at me again.

"I don't know guys," he shrugged. "Starting to think it wasn't love. True love needs to be reciprocated, right?"

He looked at me and smiled. That's exactly what I said to him when I was drunk.

"Well, looks like Ray's the only lucky one," Frank shrugged.

"I thought you had a new girlfriend?" Gerard asked.

"No," Frank sighed, shaking his head. "Just a hook-up. It's nothing serious."

"Alright Izzy, your turn," Gerard said.

"Never have I ever...done drugs."

Everybody drank. 

"Never have I ever...." said Bob. "Jumped out of the window of high school."

All of the guys stared at Gerard with grins on their faces. 

"Oh come on," Gerard replied. "It was only the second floor."

"You broke your foot!"

The guys told me about how Gerard had a rough time in high school with Sophia and went a bit crazy. I felt jealousy creeping back through me but Gerard made it clear that the conversation irritated him and changed the subject. Several hours later and we were all drunk. I mean really drunk.

"I need to go to bed," I said through laughter. "I'm sorry, but this has to be the best Christmas I have ever had."

I waved goodbye to everybody and made my way upstairs to the spare bedroom. I fell down onto the bed in the dark. I shut my eyes for a while until the room stopped spinning, when I heard the door open and close very quickly. I panicked slightly before I felt a body climb on top of me. I could tell by the sound of his breathing and the way he smelt that it was Gerard. He had a distinct comforting scent about him. Before I could say a word he pressed his lips against mine. He pushed my legs apart and slid his body in between them until I could feel his erection on me again. He pulled away my shirt and his hands gently caressed my chest through my bra. I undid the buttons on his shirt and ripped it off of him, although I could barely see him due to how dark the room was. 

"Isabel," he whispered in between amorous kisses. I shushed him, rolling over on the bed so that I was on top of him, my legs either side of him. My hands trailed down his chest and began to unzip his jeans, but he stopped me.

"Isabel," he repeated, sitting upright. My legs were still wrapped around him and we were both shirtless. 

"Are you alright?" I asked through heavy breathing.

"I like you," he said, gently kissing my neck in between words. "I don't want to rush things with you."

I groaned slightly, partly because I was disappointed and partly because he was turning me on so badly. 

"You're nice," I said, kissing his lips again. "I wish you weren't so nice right now."

I heard the sound of a car pulling up on his driveway and the faint sound of his parents talking.

"My parents are home," he sighed. "I gotta go. I'm sorry."

"No it's fine," I said. He kissed me again, his hands getting lower and lower until I was convinced he was about to slip his hand down my pants. Unfortunately for me, he pulled away and left the room, leaving me completely dazed.