Chapter 2

5 years later..

"Mandy, I want you to send this to Cross Company." My boss, Jay, said and I took the package from him.

"Okay."

After living in London for 4 years, I went back to LA and currently working with Crome Company. Jay is actually 2 years old than me and he's nice.

"I'll go now." I said as I grabbed my bag from my office. Jay walked out and went back to his office. I got into the lift and went down. My phone rang and it's Claire.

"Mandy!" Claire screamed.

"Oh god! What?" I chuckled.

"Let's go to Beverly Hills tonight, let's have a drink together." She suggested.

"Sure, how about Yasmine?" I asked as I walked to my car.

"She will join, let's meet up at our usual place." She said.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight." I ended the call and got into my car. I put all the files on the passenger seat and I'm ready to go. I drove to Cross Company and parked my car at their basement.

"Hi, can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm here to visit Cross Company, 12th floor." I said and she nodded.

"Can I have your name and who would you wish to see?"

"My name is Mandy Santiago and I have an appointment with Joshua." She called them to confirm and she ended the call.

"Can I have your ID?" She asked.

"Sure." I reached for my purse and took my ID out. I gave it to her and she gave me the access card. I walked to the lift and went up to the 12th floor. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by a beautiful red hair woman.

"Hello, you must be Ms.Santiago."

"Yes."

"This way.." She led me to his office and I walked inside.

"Hello, Mr. Cruise." I smiled.

"Hello, Ms. Santiago. I've been waiting for you." He said and he gestured me to sit down.

"Here's the documents that you need to check and sign." I told him as I gave him the brown envelope. He opened it and read it.

"Can I have the details of the shipping?" He asked and I quickly grabbed another file. I gave it to him.

"I only brought the recent data but if you want more, I can send an email to you." I said and he shook his head. He looked through the files and then he nodded.

"Ms. Santiago, do you mind wait for me outside? I need to have a talk with Jay before signing this." He said and I smiled.

"Very well." I walked out and sat on the seat right outside his office. After 30 minutes, he came out with signed papers.

"Thank you, Mr.Cruise."

"You're welcome, Ms.Santiago." I smiled and grabbed my bag and files with me. I went to the toilet before going back to the lobby. My phone rang as I walked out.

"Hello."

"Mandy, I want you to go to BlackOff and get my file there. There's someone waiting for you, you can just take it and come back." He said.

"Okay, but can you give me the address?"

"I'll text you, does Joshua signed the papers?" He asked.

"Yes, he did."

"Okay great." He ended the call and I went down to the lobby to get my ID back. I went to the basement and got into my car. Put the next location on my GPS.

I drove there and as soon as I arrived, I parked and texted Jay that I'm already in BlackOff. I went up to the to the lobby to get my access card. I went to 7th floor and as the lift opened, I met the person that I wished not to see again.

Jordan Carlson.

He's standing there, looking at me with an unreadable expression. He changed a lot. He looked more mature, more muscular and his stare was still the same, as cold as ice.

His eyes widen when he realized. I didn't expect to meet him here again, I know he's in the business world but I never got his name everywhere. I'm Jay's secretary and I know almost everyone.

I walked out from the lift and walked past him. Let's just pretend that we never knew esch other. I don't want to see him, let alone talk. My heart ache when I thought about him.

It's been 5 years, I was supposed to move on. I was supposed to date guys who are better than him.

"Mandy." I heard him calling my name. I ignored him.

"Can I have file for Jay? I'm his secretary." I said politely and she stood up to greet Jordan.

"Mandy." He called me again.

"Can I have the file now?" I asked the secretary and she nodded.

"Mandy, it's been 5 years. You disappeared without any call or text. I can't believe that you decided to show up now." He said in his usual cold tone and I ignored him.

"Mandy!" He hissed as he made me turn to him. He grabbed my shohlder and I looked at him coldly.

"Here you go." I turned to see the secretary already have the file. I pushed Jordan away and grabbed the file from her. I walked towards the lift and pressed the button. Suddenly Jordan grabbed the file away from me and he smirked.

"Give it back." I said.

"Talk to me, let's have dinner." He saidz

"No!" I hissed as I grabbed the file from him.

"You left me 5 years ago." Did he hear himself?

"Oh.. did I?" I acted surprised and I turned to see the lift door already opened.

"Don't test me." He grabbed the file again and I glared at him.

"Let's talk." He took my hand but I tried to pull away.

"Give it back! I need yo go back to my boss." I said and he decided to tear the file into two. My eyes widen seeing it.

"Great, you just make me jobless."