Chapter 194.

Hardin's POV.

"Here, I found some." I tap Tessa on her shoulder.

She has her head buried in the couch and her eyes closed. After another minute of me poking and prodding her she opens her eyes and sits up to take the small pills from my hand.

"Are you sick?" I ask her again.

"I don't know, I think I may be getting sick. My stomach hurts worse than my head now but it may just be because I'm hungry."

Or because I'm stressing you the fuck out and you look like you're going to vomit on our couch.

"Oh, well the pizza should be here soon."

"Mhmm." She tips her head back and takes a drink of water to swallow the medicine.

I can tell by the loss of color in her cheeks that she isn't feeling well.

"Have you had your flu shot?" I ask her.

"What?"

"Your flu shot. Have you gotten one this year?" I don't know what types of questions to ask a sick person.

"I don't know.. actually no. I don't think so. I don't have insurance. You should see the bill from my ambulance ride." She groans and gives me a weak smile.

"I'll pay it." I offer and she frowns and lays back on the couch.

"I will, you shouldn't be worrying about medical bills."

"Shhh.." She says and closes her eyes.

I'll remind her again when she's feeling better, or I will just go pay it myself without her permission. That would surely piss her off though and that's exactly what I'm trying not to do.

"What should I do?" I ask and there is a  knock at the door.

The pizza of course. As I stand up the knocking gets louder and I cover Tessa's bare lower half with the blanket before walking to the door. The knocking turns to pounding. Are you fucking kidding me?

"Don't fucking pound on my door, she has a headache." I snap at the young delivery kid.

"Sorry man." He says, handing me the square box.

I feel a little bad for scolding him but he was going to make her headache worse. I sign my name on the receipt and close the door in his face.

"I'll.. uhm..I'll put some on a plate for you." I stutter and walk to the kitchen.

I'm so glad she's here with me in our apartment, sick or not.

"Here, you have to eat." I tell her and she groans again.

"I'm not hungry."

"Yes you are, you just said you were."

She pulls herself to sit up while pulling the blanket up over her lap.

"One piece." She argues.

"Two."

"None." She half smiles.

"Fine, one."

I sit next to her and pull her feet onto my lap while we eat. She takes slow, small bites, emphasizing her chewing to prove a point to me. Even when ill she still has her attitude and I love that. She leans forward and places her empty plate on the coffee table before closing her eyes again.

"We should go to the hospital." I suggest.

"I'm fine Hardin, it's just a stomach flu or something."