A very sad, dark mind.

Christie's pov

I knew what I had to do next. Just as I was about to stand up on the edge, I heard someone's foot steps on the metal stairs. I cowered back into the corner. Because of the mind space I was in, I thought it was a murderer or something. I don't know, I was so confused. The cold was making me disorientated. I hid behind the blanket that was wrapped around me and waited for who ever it was to reveal themselves. It was Lana. When I saw her face, I felt nothing and that is when I knew I was truly ready to die so I made no hesitation to stand on the ledge. It was raining hard and I was getting colder. Lana screamed out some words to try and stop me from doing what I was about to do. I didn't care. I just wanted to feel no more emotions because I was just so tired of being alive. I told her how sorry I was and she frowned and tilted her head. I didn't think she cared if I was dead or alive, but I knew deep down that she wouldn't of come all the way back to the UK if she didn't care. I held out my hand where the charm she gave me lay and I fell. I felt my body hit the ground and I instantly went unconscious. That is all I remember. 

....

Lana's pov

'HELP. SOMEBODY HELP, PLEASE' I was screaming at the top of my lungs for about five minutes. A couple of teenagers came running out of a house because they heard my screams.

'What's happened? Oh my gosh, its Christie! Is she okay?' one boys said. They both knew her from school and they turned out to be good friends of hers so they were obviously terrified for her life.

'Of course she isn't okay. Does she look okay to you? Ring a bloody ambulance!' I demanded. My whole body was soaked from the rain and it was starting to get cold but I had to focus on keeping Christie alive. I kept on slapping her face to wake her up but she wasn't moving. I regularly checked her pulse and it stayed the same, which could've been good or bad depending on how you look at it. 

'U-um, it looks like she jumped. I don't know, there is this woman with her and she obviously knows her. We know her, she's from our school and her name is Christie. Um, we are at the abandoned building on Oldbury Street' the young man was stressing to the paramedic. I could only hear his one-sided conversation. He was told to stay on the phone until the ambulance arrived. As soon as I heard the blaring sirens of the ambulance and saw the flashing blue lights, I felt more hopeful and at peace to know that Christie would be in the best hands. The two paramedics ran straight to us with huge green bags on their. 

'What happened here? Whats her name? Do you know her?' one paramedic said while checking her pulse. 

'Y-y-yes. Her name is Christie but how we know each other is an awkward situation to explain right now" I said. 

'Okay, I know you're scared but I need you to stand back please? he said. 'Christie, darling. I'm a paramedic, can you hear me?' he said. 

She started to become conscious and she was making soft grunts as if she was in pain and she had her eyes half open but they were rolling. Her head was rolling around too because of the distress she was in. I stood by the two boys who were trying to cover up their tears. We watched as they hocked her up to machines and put her on a stretcher. Her head and neck were supported by braces. I looked to the boys, aware of how young and scared they must have felt so I stood in the middle of them and I held their hands. I saw some of the tension they had leave their body. At this point, I really needed Fred with me. My mind went to another place and I started to think about if I wasn't there when she jumped and if she was laying there in the grass alone potentially dying. They lifted her into the ambulance and the paramedic said I should go with her. I hugged the boys and told them they would know what happens as soon as possible probably by their school. The ambulance rushed through traffic and skipped traffic lights. Again, I felt like I was in a typical American film. Christie was unconscious again and the paramedic said it was probably the cold. She was wrapped in a foil blanket and I was in a blue fleece blanket.