(34) Elevator trip

Hey guys! Thank you so much for everything!

Enjoy!

---------------

"Uh... I-I..." I stuttered, "Y-you... Y-you're alive..." My eyes widened and searched Adam's body with my eyes. He's alive.

The only thing wrong with him is the patched up left leg. No, left ankle.

He's not dead from the explosion...

"B-but..." I faced the doctor and said, "You said Mr. Arioso died!"

He nodded, "He died because of the explosion of his artery."

What?

"Wait..." I faced Adam and asked, "What's your last name?"

Still smirking, he answered. "Emerson."

Adam Emerson.

"It's great that I finally got that I guess..." I muttered, before realization hit me hard. I looked at Felipe, "But you said Adam's at room 503!"

He shook his head, "No, I said it was 504."

Memories flashed back from the elevator scenes in the woods not too long ago. Me and numbers.

"So let me get this straight," I faced Adam, "You're alive." I faced the door 503, "The person that died there is not you." Then I pointed to my self, "And I'm stupid."

Adam nodded, "Yup, that pretty much sums everything up."

Oh my duck...

"Excuse me, but I don't think Mr. Arioso's related to you. I must inform his grand son immediately." The doctor said before leaving the party.

Grand son?

I guess that explains the weird look I got from the receptionist...

"Are you done with the billing, Felipe?" Fey asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, the corporation handled it already."

"Really?" Fey widened her eyes, sending him a silent message.

Shit.

"Reall-"

"No, I don't think so. We gotta go!" Fey called out as she literally drag Felipe towards the elevator. Once they were already inside, I felt my heart beating faster.

It's just me, myself and I. With him. Alone.

Shit.

We were alone and trapped in an awkward silence.

Great.

"So..." I muttered, "It's uh, a good thing to uh, see you're doing well."

His smirk widened, "You mean Sexy?"

Asswipe.

I rolles my eyes, "I guess so-"

"I have a question to you, Ms. Sanders."

Anything to get off this topic.

"Shoot."

"Do I still look hot even without the black suit?"

And we're back.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know, do you?"

"I'm making you judge it though." He winked, "The opinion of the person who admits that she likes, no, probably loves me means a lot."