two

-he left me for her again. it wasn't the first time-

The sound of Joey Tribbiani's voice filled the otherwise quiet room. Paisley's feet were resting on Luke's lap as the shared her giant couch that was strategically placed in front of the TV in her apartment.

These were her favorite type of nights. The two of them just hanging out, relaxing, and enjoying each other's company without the native L.A. bitch getting in the way.

She missed days like these. It had been awhile since they had one since Luke had been on your but now that he was back they finally found time to see each other. The first day he was back, he was automatically assumed to be hanging out with his girlfriend and now the second day he was with his best friend. It shouldn't exactly be like that. Paisley always thought that it should be 'bros before hoes' but her possible high schooler mentality wasn't always right.

"I love Rachel. She's so hot," Luke commented, watching as the blonde girl ran into the scene and started talking about her job.

"I would let her do unholy things to me," Paisley agreed.

She turned around and saw the weird Luke was giving her. He didn't exactly know yet.

"Kidding," she added.

Luke laughed at his best friend and patted her feet softly. Paisley squirmed slightly at the feeling and he noticed. He brushed his fingers against her the bottoms of her sock-covered feet and got the same reaction.

Paisley knew what he was about to do. She mentally prepared herself but she was soon being attacked. Luke tackled her down onto the couch and his hands found there was to her sides.

Her laughs covered up the sound of the Friends theme song that had started for the new episode. She couldn't help it. She was at a moment of weakness and Luke knew it.

"Luke, please stop," Paisley begged, her hands trying to push at Luke's face to get him away.

Her hand went into his stubble and one of her fingers accidentally slipped into his mouth as she tried to get him away.

"No," Luke said. He moved closer and Paisley gasped softly.

"I'll pee everywhere if you don't," Paisley threatened.

"I mean it's your couch so I won't be at loss," Luke said shrugging his shoulders.

He continued tickling her sides and Paisley was starting to cry and her stomach hurt. She loved being his close to him and being able to just be herself with him.

That ended. He broke apart when his phone started to sound loudly from the opposite side of the room. He got up off of Paisley, apologizing quickly, and went to check his phone.

"Hi Valentina."

"No, I'm with Paisley."

"Nothing's happening."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Okay. I'll be there in ten minutes."

Paisley could only hear one side of the conversation but she could tell Valentina was yelling at Luke. She treated him so badly and he just took it. Paisley would treat Luke so much better.

She watched as Luke huffed and hung up the phone. He looked so exhausted just from the conversation. He ran his fingers through his blond hair and tugged at the loose strands.

"I gotta go pick her up. She's very drunk and I don't want her to drive home. I'll be back once I drop her off. So probably in an hour. I promise I won't leave you," Luke said.

He walked over and pressed a light kiss to Paisley's forehead. He placed his phone in his back pocket, muttered a goodbye and was gone.

Paisley watched an episode of Friends. And then another. And then another. And then three others after that.

Luke didn't show up.

Paisley picked up her phone that was resting on the spare table and dialed his number. The phone rang twice and then she was sent automatically to voicemail.

Her heart dropped to her stomach again. She dialed a different number and this person actually picked up.

"Kara, I need you to come over with Calum and Michael," Paisley said quickly, a few tears threatening to spill past her eyes.

She felt so weak and it was all because of a boy. She shouldn't be so upset but her best friend lied to her.

Paisley waited for her friends to show up and was immediately showered in pints of ice cream and brownies. Just what she needed.

"What did he do?" Michael asked as soon as he walked in and she explained everything.

The four friends gathered in Paisley's giant bed and held each other for the night, making sure the small girl was in the middle and feeling loved.

Luke was going to get a stern talking to the next day from Calum and Michael, because they too believed that friends came before annoying lovers.

***

I'm crying. This again is too real. I'm writing from way too many experiences and I'm crying. This is the most personal book I've ever written and it might be a bit cliche but it's so real and it hurts my heart. I've never truly cried writing a book as I have with this one.

Also the italics are basically lines from her journal entries and stuff.

-El