Pretend Girlfriend {35}

"Ma went upstairs now we need to start planning their anniversary. We have decided on dinner and Ian we need you to get Bruce Springsteen. Ma and pa both love him." Melissa stated

"There's no way. How do you expect me to get Bruce here by tonight."

"Last I heard he's in Chicago. Just pull a couple of strings. Please" Gabby pleaded

"I will see what I can do. No promises."

"Can we plan after some breakfast. I'm starving" Mike said

"Yea I made pancakes!" Melissa said as she brought out a stack of chocolate chip pancakes. She also brought out a plate of bacon and eggs onto the table to. Mike was in in the fridge bringing out carton of milk and orange juice. Gabby was cleaning up up the water on the floor and Mr McKinl-no Ian was bringing out plates and putting them on the dining room table.

Not knowing what to do I simply helped Gabby clean up the water on the floor. After cleaning and washing our hands we made our way to the dining room table.

I had no choice but to sit to the left of Mr Mc-Ian. After saying a quick prayer we got into eating.

"So Delilah how did you meet Ian" I almost choked on my pancakes but the milk that I drank managed to save save me from embarrassing myself again.

"From a mutual friend" I said which was true. I met him through my uncle who's a friend to the both of us.

"Aww never did I think that my asshole of a brother could find someone to love him" Melissa said,"How long have you two known each other"

"Just a couple of da-"

"Months" Ian interrupted, "I have known her for a couple of months now" he grabbed my hand which was on the table and entwined his fingers with mine.

"Aww they are so cute" Gabby and Melissa gushed. I rolled my eyes and stuffed the pancakes into my mouth. I pretended to be his girlfriend for his mom who wasn't here anymore.

"Enough talk about this mushy girl stuff" The girls rolled their eyes as Mike continued, "Ian you going to see the Lakers vs Nets? I tried getting tickets but it was all sold out"

"I forgot to tell you. I was invited with a VIP pass to watch them."

"No way!" Mike screamed

"You want to come?" Ian said already knowing his brother would say yes

"Hell yeah!"

"Can I come" Melissa said sipping her orange juice.

"No guys night out. You don't even like sports. Tell me what sport does the Nets play?"

"Shutup I wasn't asking you. I was talking to Ian. All I need to know about sports is is that you play for the 49ers which is a football team." Melissa defended. Wow her brother plays for the 49ers. I didn't know much about them but Ed always talked about them so I knew they were big.

"How many tickets do you have?" Melissa added

"I have three tickets Mel"

"Ha! One is for me and the other is for Delilah" Mike said with a smile on his face.

"Oh no it's okay I'm not really a sports girl" Ian's mouth came into my ear as he whispered, "Stop. I don't want Mel coming. Go along with it."

"Get a room" Gabby said with a smile as she ate her pancake in peace leaving us to settle about who's going.

"I want my girlfriend to come with me. You must understand how important it is for us to spend time together. Right Mel?" Ian was playing the guilt card and it worked.