30.5. Not a Goodbye

30.5. Not a Goodbye: Xander's Pov

WE REACHED #1!!!! (For some reason it says that My Broken Luna is #1 in the Danish Hot List)

*this is a short bonus chapter

Chapter Goal (for the fight scene in Brody's Pov): 1k votes

The gun goes off.

After hearing the bang, I go numb.

Not because of one silver bullet, because of the multiple bangs that sound through the air. "Bitch." Dylan curses, his jaw clenched with pain. I look up and see his wide eyes as he falls to the ground beneath us.

My mate stands unharmed with a gun in her hands behind him. "I didn't miss this time." she tells me, lowering the gun.

I flash her a smile to let her know that I'm okay, but it quickly fades when I see a figure behind her. "Charlotte!" I shout, racing to get to her.

But I'm not fast enough. The figure behind her roughly grabs her by the waist to keep her still and injects an all too familiar orange liquid into her neck. I throw the man off of her and snap his neck, instantly killing him. "Jimmy injected you with Wolfsbane." I tell Charlotte, looking down her stomach.

Her blue eyes start to look duller and her veins start darkening as the Wolfsbane quickly takes effect on her body. "The baby." she whispers, tears forming in her eyes, just like mine.

"The Wolfsbane is too strong." I clarify, my voice filled with dread. She puts her hands over her baby-bump and I put my hand over hers.

Wolfsbane lowers the amount of Lycanthrope in a wolf's body. And since Charlotte naturally has less Lycanthrope in her body than other wolves, Wolfsbane is taking a bigger toll on her and our baby. No werewolf fetus is able withstand a Wolfsbane injection, it's the tragic truth.

"The pod." she pants, reaching for the Lycanthrope filled pod that Dr. Kale provided her with. "M-Maybe it can help."

The Lycanthrope and Wolfsbane counter each other, but it's too dangerous to inject both at the same time. "The chemicals will cancel each other out, but your body might not be able to handle them both at the same time." I tell her, picking her up bridal-style when her knees buckle.

"Xander," she pauses to make sure that I'm listening to her. "If I don't use the Lycanthrope, our baby dies. The Lycanthrope will knock me out f-for a while, but there's a chance that our b-baby will survive."

She opens the Lycanthrope pod and holds it over her neck, not injecting the needles puncture her skin yet. "I love you." I say with nod, letting her know I understand that the Lycanthrope gives our pup a chance of survival.

"I love you too," she replies, taking a deep breath.

I slowly press the pod into her skin, trying to be as gentle as possible. "This isn't a goodbye." she breathes out, closing her eyes.

"This isn't a goodbye." I firmly hold the pod in place and kiss her lips. "I'll see you when you wake up."

/):&);)-@;&(29(&)-&-@;$/829)/&1@8/$@/;$-&;@/$-";&:$4$

"The cold never bothered me anyway."
-Elsa

Hi.

I know that this chapter is very short (not even 1000 words), but it's the bonus that I promised if we reached the chapter goal in the last chapter. It's still sort-of a cliffhanger, but you guys now know that Xander DOES NOT get shot.

WE REACHED #1 in Werewolf (the pics above). For some reason it says that My Broken Luna is #1, but it says that my book is #1 in the Danish Hot List for some reason.

I'm gonna offer another bonus chapter. It'll be the battle scene in BRODY'S POV!!!! (If this chapter gets 1k votes)

*for those of you still saying that I'm being unfair by "withholding chapters" until I get a certain amount of votes, I'm not doing that. The bonuses are parts of the next chapter; if the chapter goal is met, then I release parts of it as a bonus.

Now, enjoy this end-of story short. I've noticed that the Adventures with Brody have mainly focused on the times when he has had Charlotte, so this one is when Charlotte was still missing.

Adventures with Brody: (age 17)

"Thank you for doing this." I whisper to Evelyn and Thomas.

"We've always loved you like our own sons, Brody." Evelyn says, wrapping her arms around me.

Thomas finishes for her, "Now it's goi to be documented."

We all sit back in our chairs as we wait for the pack elders to bring back the documents.

It's been a year since my parents passed away and Maddie still hasn't been found. I have a group of wolves who are solely focused on finding her and bringing her into Lunar Shadow's cellars, but they haven't been successful. And my older sister isn't who most of the pack is searching for; it's my younger sister who we all want back.

We started off by asking all of the neighboring packs if they've seen her, and then all of the North American packs. When all of them said no, Xander and I resulted to personally visiting all of the packs and checking out the cellars and pack-houses. To this day, we still don't have leads.

Some of the pack members think that Char is dead, but I still have faith in her. No one takes the beloved Beta's-daughter of the strongest pack in the continent just to kill her; there has to be some ransom or something involved. I refuse to believe that she's dead.

Before my parents passed away, they also had their doubts, but they didn't want to believe that their daughter is dead either-

"Sorry, I took so long." one of the pack elders apologizes. She puts the paper on the desk and hands Thomas a pen.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm walking out of the building as the adopted son of Evelyn and Thomas Reynolds.

Chapter Goal (for the fight scene in Brody's Pov): 1k votes