Chapter 3: Making A Effort

"Good morning sweetheart." Ryan smiled when I woke up. He was pulling his shirt on and even though there was a smile on his lips, it didn't reach his eyes.

"You okay? You don't look too happy." I sighed stretching as he shrugged before sitting on the edge of the bed, his back to me. I crawled on my hands and knees before wrapping my arms around him then lightly massaging his shoulders. "Come on, you know you can tell me anything."

"Sure I can, your the only one who can keep secrets right?" He sighed lightly taking my arms off of him and pulling on his shoes. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked almost annoyed by his bad mood so early in the morning, he let out a deep sigh before turning to face me. I could see it in his eyes he wasn't in the mood to argue and frankly neither was I, but it was clear something was eating at him.

"Where'd you go last night?" He asked and I could see worry in his eyes. I thought back to how my wolf had bolted out of the house and found Eric, how me and Eric had a brief moment and then I just blew up on him. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and gave Ryan a confused look as I forced a small smile remembering what I had said when he asked me last night.

"Nowhere important, I told you that last night." I explained as he stood up and ran his fingers threw his wet hair shaking his head. "What? What's wrong?"

"You keep lying to me! You're looking me dead in the eyes and lying your ass off. Adalaid I could smell him on you, I can smell Eric's scent last night and I can smell it now. How hard is it to say you talked to him?" Ryan exclaimed and I could tell he was irritated by me. "The way you're hiding it is just making me think the worse. I really wanna trust you Adalaid, but I can't trust you when you're lying to me like it's nothing."

"Ryan it's not a big deal, I saw him and we talked. It's nothing to blow up over." I sighed sitting up and pulling my knees to my chest before wrapping my arms around them.

"Exactly! So what the hell did you lie for?" He asked aggrivatedly standing in front of me as I looked him in the eyes.

"Because I knew you'd blow up like this. I knew you'd assume I kissed him or something like that." I sighed standing up and pulling my hair into a bun.

"No, hell no. Don't fucking flip this on me Adalaid, I know he's your mate and if you had told me the truth the most I would've asked afterwards was what did he have to say. If you hadn't lied to me last night we wouldn't be having tis argument, and I never assumed anything about you kissing Eric or whatever." Ryan responded as I grabbed some jeans and a hoodie from the dresser drawer.

"I'm not flipping anything, you're right! Does it fucking matter though, honestly? If this is about winning then you fucking win. Whatever. Happy now?" I yelled faving him as I stood in the bathroom doorway.

"You know what? Fuck you, it doesn't matter. And if you ever think for one second im happy or that this is about winning you're dense as hell! This isn't about that shit Adalaid. This isn't about you going see Eric, it honestly isn't about Eric at all, this is about you lying to me when I try my best not to lie to you. This is about you and me, Ryan and Adalaid. I don't give 2 fucks about Eric!" Ryan yelled.

"Okay, okay! Want me to say sorry? Can we stop arguing if I do that?" I asked exhausted of the whole thing, it was way too early to even be dealing with any of this.

"I shouldn't have to ask you to apologize." He sighed grabbing his car keys and walking out, and I showered and changed before heading downstairs. Texting Cassidy if she could please pick me up and we could head to the mall.

"Hey there Aiden look, it's mommy!" Uncle Blake smiled handing Aiden to me. 

"Ma!!!" Aiden smiled clapping as I held him on my hip.