Epilogue

The children interacted well with their cousins. Willow would bring her kids over to play often while Rowan would take me into the town or through the forest on dates. Rose, Corrie and Kale all took to one of the kids. Rose was trying to teach amber to be an independant woman, Corrie liked helping Jasper with jigsaw puzzles, and Marble would not stop following Kale.

"Who do you think could take over the pack?" I asked, looking up from my bowl of pasta.

Rowan smiled, his eyes looking thoughtful. "Well, I was going to give it to Flint, but at the rate things are going, I'd say Amber could make a good alpha."

I nodded, agreeing with him. I finished my dinner, but didn't move. I merely sat at the table, feeling perfectly happy just being with Rowan. "Have you heard anything from your brother?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

My mate grinned. "You may not know this, but when Aspen is busy with something, he won't talk to anyone before it's done." He rested his fork on the edge of his bowl. "I don't think we'll be seeing him for a while."

"Do you know why he left the house?" I asked. Apparently while I was away, Rowan's younger brother, Aspen had left the house.

Rowan shrugged, taking his and my bowl to the kitchen. "No idea," he said. "He just kinda left saying there was something he needed to do."

I nodded slowly. I hadn't seen Aspen very much since I came to this house. He would come out from his room to collect meals before retreating back to the bedroom.

"He'll come back," Rowan assured me. "Like I said, he'll return once he's finished whatever it is he has to do."

~~~*~~~

Marble threw himself into my arms, wagging his tail. He shifted and hugged me before wriggling out of my arms to shift and return to playing with the others.

I smiled and shook my head at the randomness of the act. Heading back inside, I made my way to Rowan's study. "Hey," I said, standing behind him and resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Hi," Rowan replied, distracted by the document in his hand.

"What's the matter?" I asked, wondering why he was so entranced by this letter.

Rowan shook his head. "It's just an invitation from the Golden Eye pack." He smiled up at me. "You probably know why I don't want you going."

I felt my face flush red. "I'm sorry about that." I appologised. "So you're not letting me go?"

My mate frowned. "Of course you can go. I just don't want you out of my sight."

I smiled and kissed his forehead, then his lips. "I wouldn't dream of it." I paused and my smile grew wider. "I love you."

Rowan grinned and pulled me onto his lap, resting his hand on my hip and kissing my neck. "I love you too." He said, hugging me tightly.

~~~~~~~

Remember to check out the sequel. It's called 'My Alpha'