Ch6: A Misbehaving Cube and a Mysterious Pycopath

Riley's POV

Dear Diary,
This seems completely stupid but Nat said it helps so I'll give this a try. It's been three months since we started our mission in New Mexico. My injuries have healed slightly but let's just say, you'll never catch me in a bikini any time soon. I have completed my new uniform. I began with the mask as I don't trust hanging around the scientists, the only one I kind of trust is Dr. Selvig so when I'm on duty, I always were it. I am actually quite proud of it, it's the kind of thing you'd see at the Day of the Dead parade. I then started working on the rest of my suit. I have a large black trench coat with a hood to hide my hair and long sleeves, which my adimantium hidden-blades hide under, I then have black biker pants, equipped with different pouches and holsters for guns and knives and then long knee length combat boots (Above). I like being on a mission with my Dad, it makes up for lost time, even if we are just watching a glowing blue cube and helping the scientists if something goes wrong. I swear, if I see Optimus Prime or Bumblebee appear, I'll know I'm losing it. Nat is still on her mission in Russia so I haven't talked to her in a while but she calls when she gets the chance, I've gotten to know Scott a bit better, we are practically best friends now and Coulson has accepted the name 'Uncle Phil' so that's good. Anyway, I need to go my shift's about to sta-

I stopped writing abruptly as the evacuation alarm sounded and I heard scrambling from the other side of my door. I didn't need to think twice. The Tesseract. I sprung up from my desk and suited up, masking my face as well and grabbing Holly and my new quiver. I opened the door and fought against the sea of agents, running in the opposite direction. Once I reached the Lab, I saw the source of the problem. The Tesseract had become unstable. "Dr. Selvig, what caused the Tesseract to act this way?" I asked him as I walked over to a computer. "We are unsure at this point in time but we know it is unsafe, we don't know how much power it truly holds, it hasn't shown it's true potential yet." I thought of the stories he told me of his Asgardian friend, Thor. There are supposedly nine realms and the Tesseract is a passageway to them... "Dr. Selvig, do you think it possible for something to be coming through?" He looked puzzled to the question. "What do you mean by that?" "Well, the Tesseract is a door and a door opens from both sides and your godly friend has already alerted us that we are one of nine realms. We already established that the cube is not of this world, Docter, but maybe another." I explained. He thought of the possibility as the Director walked in.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" He asked as he neared us. "The Tesseract is misbehaving." I answered bluntly before Selvig could. "Is that supposed to be funny?" He questioned, his voice filled with sass. "No, it's not funny at all." Selvig finally spoke as I moved to look at a computer screen, typing away furiously to find the source of the problem. I tuned out of the conversation as I worked. This didn't make any sense, nothing shows a disturbance that would cause this from this side, the only logical sense would be if it happen somewhere else. I came back to my senses as my dad was mentioned. "Where's Agent Barton?" "The Hawk? Up in his nest as usual. The Ghost? Actually in civilisation for once." I narrowed my eyes at him. Firstly, our nest. Secondly, rude much? Fury put a hand to his ear and called my Dad down.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things." "Well, I see better from a distance." My father retorted. I continued to work as the grownups talked. "Have you seen anything that might set this thing off?" Asked the director, looking between my dad and I. "No one's come or gone, and Selvig's clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was any tampering, sir, like Riley said, it wasn't at this end." "At this end?" The Director turned to me, puzzlement in his one eye. "Well sir, the Tesseract works as a doorway to the other end of space, and it is common knowledge that doors open from both sides." Just as I finished the Tesseract began pulsing with blue light and the whole base shook. I put my hand to my ear to alert Scott. "Scott, get Coulson and the rest of your team out now! The cube won't hold much longer!" I spoke urgently. "What about you?!" He spoke back, his voice filled with worry. "I'll be fine, just-" but I was cut off bay a ray of blue light shooting down the catwalk, creating a portal. A blast of blue light and everyone was silent. Everyone's eyes on the newcomer.

He was tall, wore gold and green clothing which you would only find in a cosplay shop and had long raven black greasy hair, much like Professor Snape. In his right hand, he held a spear-like object which had a bright blue stone at the end, same colour as the Tesseract. As agents slowly approached the newcomer, he slowly stood with a grin on his face like a mix between Alex Delarge from 'A Clockwork Orange' and the Joker. I could already tell he was not here to make friends. "Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury called to the strange man and the way he looked at me, let me know, exactly what he'd do next. "EVERYONE GET DOWN!" But it was too late. He shot a ray towards Fury but my dad pushed him out the way. Agents fired at the figure but the bullets ricocheted off if him as he flew towards them, stabbing and shooting the ominous ray. He aimed for Dad but he rolled out the way, the man behind wasn't as fortunate. Soon enough all agents and scientists alike, were sprawled across the floor. The man walked over to my dad as he attempted to get up. "Dad, behind you!" He turned to punch him but failed as the man caught his arm in a tight grip. The one day he doesn't have his bow. "You have heart." The mysterious psychopath spoke for the first time as I watched in horror and fury as he put the spear/sceptre... to my fathers chest.

A/N: OOOOOOOOH SHE'S GOING TO BE PISSSSSED!!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter and let me know what you think of her suit, I thought of what would be in it for ages. She might a change it slightly as the story goes on but I hope you like it. Until next time, I'll see ya later :3