Part 27: The Jealousy

Morning fights was never something you were fond of. You had no idea how it started at all but by the time you snapped at Luke over the phone because he was pissed at you for being late for math, the fight continued from that and ended up in violent profanities over simple text messages.

It was an odd deal to you. Even if you knew it was a huge habit of yours to sleep over your alarm and not show up for morning classes, Luke somehow hadn't gotten used to it. Of course you couldn't blame him, he was the teacher and it must have been an annoying thing to always have a student that didn't show her respect and show up for the classes at the right time. Even if she was the teacher's girlfriend.

Luke's frustration was a mix of stress, lack of timing and an exam coming near in the calendar. He both had to prepare your class for the math exams along with prepare himself for the exam at the teacher's academy. It was the main reason for him starting the fight this morning. He was preparing a project for your class that you were supposed to attend, listen carefully and understand every single thing that was explained in order to pass.

"The groups are most preferred as individual, but if you guys feel like having a company I allow it. Sometimes being at the math exam can be pretty scary, and to make everything seem easier with a familiar face by your side, we allow partners to attend the exams together."

Luke stopped in track talking by the sound of the door opening, and he narrowed his eyes towards your quiet form as you walked into the classroom with a blush on your cheeks from driving as fast as you could on your bike in order to make it – barely.

He rolled his eyes by your arrival and grabbed the purple note on his desk, already prepared for you with your name written and all.

You barely looked at him as you ripped the note out of his hands, slumped between the rows of tables until you ended by Matty. He gave you a small smile and mouthed good morning as you took a seat down and for once, a bright smile appeared on your lips.

"What is going on?" You whispered and looked up at the blackboard confused. Luke started to scribble down stuff, a few math examples along with a schedule of what was going to happen the next math classes in the upcoming weeks leading to the exams.

"Luke is explaining a new project coming up." Matty whispered back, focused his eyes on the blackboard and stayed quiet when Luke cleared his throat ready to say something again.

"Now since we have a few students who aren't aware of the fact that we have to meet at 8 sharp when the class starts, I will do a re-explanation of what is going to happen the next few weeks." Luke wasn't looking at anyone in particular but when he finished his sentence his eyes glanced towards you.

"I've been preparing this project for you guys, something that will be a benefit of yours when you have to pick a subject for the exam. Each of you will be paired in groups – or doing this alone, and you'll have to pick one of these over topics that is written on the blackboard." He pointed his arm backwards, his finger running up and down the 7 topics written with white chalk.

"Your task is to prepare a presentation of the subject, either by video recording or a Powerpoint. The intension of this project is to refresh everything both Mr. Harris and I have taught you the past months to make sure that you guys aren't behind with anything and don't feel uncomfortable about picking a subject you didn't quite get or understand."

"Sounds pretty easy, doesn't it?" You mumbled under your breath and crossed your arms when Luke finished speaking. Matty hummed in respond and the both of you watched as he made Meredith deliver out papers for all students, her bloody red covered lipstick clear like a day when she stood right in front of you.