Chapter 69- Laid down to Rest

My eyes flickered to Alex, he laid down on the bedroom floor. He had two bites on his arm, and one on his neck. He was going to die.

"Oh Alex." I whispered as I fell to my knees beside him. His breathing was rapid and short.

He turned and looked at me. He smiled weakly at me and I took his hand. He coughed and looked at Allison "You need to get her out.. alive." He said quietly.

I nodded and Allison bent down on his other side, choking down sobs. "Shh.. Don't cry Ali." Alex whispered.

She nodded and held his face, rubbing her thumb over his chin. "Say good bye to everyone." Alex said as he started to close his eyes.

I squeezed Alex's hand and Allison quickly shook his arm "Don't shut your eyes!" She sobbed.

Alex struggled to keep them open but he kept them on Allison. "I love you." Allison said, before kissing his forehead, "Say hi to mom and dad." She whispered.

He nodded and a tear slipped down his face, rolling threw the blood that was on his check.

"I love you too." He said quickly. He coughed and his breathing started to slow down.

He took one last deep breath and squeezed my hand, then his grip loosened and his body relaxed.

Allison laid her head on his stomach, and I quickly reached over and picked my knife up off the ground.

I held it in formation and prepared to plunge it into Alex's head but Allison stopped me.

She shook her head and gently took the knife. She took a deep breath and plunged it into his skull.

She held the knife in his skull, gripping it tightly. "Allison." I whispered, taking her hand off the knife.

"I want to bury him." She whispered, still looking at his body. I frowned and looked out the window.

I looked to the ruins of the barn and most of the walkers crowded around there.

I looked to the front of the house to see Patricia's remains stirring. She started to sit up and move around.

I looked away towards the graveyard. "Allison, theres no way we can get him outside and down the stairs." I said quietly.

She cried and grabbed Alex by the arms. She groaned and threw him onto the bed.

"Allison." I said. She ignored me and pulled the covers over him, as if he was sleeping.

She pulled the blanket up around his neck, and kissed him on the cheek. I looked to the dresser for my swords.

Neither of them were there, great. I grabbed some clean clothes and stuffed them into my bag that sat on my bed.

I grabbed one of Daryl's random shirts for whatever reason and stuffed, it into my bag.

I pulled my hair back in a ponytail and quickly changed my tank-top into a dark green one.

I adjusted the amulet so it was hiding underneath of my shirt and I shoved Daryl's knife into my boot.

I took the belt off and threw it on the bed, it was starting to break anyways. I threw the bag over my shoulder and glanced towards the stable.

"Alright Allison. If we can make it to the woods, we can get back towards the highway and double back to where we left supplies for Sophia." I ordered.

She glanced at Alex one last time and nodded. I walked out of the room and quickly pulled my knife out.

Allison shut the door and quickly followed in my foot steps. A walker stumbled around the kitchen, knocking a plate to the floor.

I ran over and stabbed it in the back of the head quickly. I looked around for anymore and started to walk towards the back door that lead to the forest.

A walker appeared out of no where and it almost bit my nose off. I stabbed it in the eye and it's blood squirted all over me.

I groaned and stepped over the dead body. I quickly sprinted across the yard towards the forest while my leg burned like an inferno.

I looked behind me to see Allison, basically at my side. We were almost at the tree's, so close to cover.

I looked behind us again and a few stray walkers followed after us. Just as more noticed we made it into the woods.

I didn't stop running though, I wasn't going to stop until we were on the highway.

I kept running until I recognized a small pond, the one where I first found my water when I had gotten lost. I bent down and took a huge drink, not caring if it was dirty or contaminated.

Allison copied me and I looked behind us. Thankfully, nothing was coming at us we made it out alive.

We walked for a bit in silence, almost reaching the highway and that's when I heard Daryl's motorcycle.

"DARYL!" I screamed and ran full speed at the highway. I pushed out from the bush and ran into the middle of the road.

I squinted into the distance to see Daryl's motorcycle in the distance, his crossbow on his back.

He turned left, and I quickly ran to a random car. I prayed for the keys to be in and sure enough they were.

"ALLISON!" I screamed. She slid into the passenger seat and I turned the key, the engine was groggy but it was going to have to do.

There was almost no gas left in the car. "Mariah." Allison stuttered and I looked at her.

She was pointing to the back seat where a child walker with almost no flesh was reaching for Allison.

I quickly pulled my knife and stabbed the walker. I pulled it out and changed the gear.

I did a u-turn and sped after the group.

Hopefully we wouldn't run out of gas before we caught up.