Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 22: Nothing
Song Chapter: Foolish by Ashanti

Chapter 22: NothingSong Chapter: Foolish by Ashanti

Aria Evans

"What the fuck is this I'm hearing about you fucking Chuck?"

I flinched and held my eyes shut tight, feeling Zander's heavy breathing across my cheek.

I was too terrified to yell at my defense, exclaiming that his dumb accusations were far from true but I guess that angered him more.

"Answer me!"

The loud sound his fist made when it pounded on the lockers near my head made me cry out.

"You're scaring me!"

I felt him visibly back up, his arms still locking me in place. I took this time to open my eyes, seeing that Zander's features had soften.

"Just answer the question Aria."

His voice was softer but still demanding. A strain look holding his face as his eyebrows furrowed, waiting for my answer.

It angered me so much to see that he believed what they were saying. He hasn't known me for long but he should know by now that I'm not that kind of girl.

I barely knew Chuck for crying out loud.

"So it's true."

I held his gaze, different emotions passing through his eyes. I still kept quiet, as he backed away fully, anger in his features.

"You're fucking him!"

He backed away slowly as hurt flashed before my eyes, seeing how disgusted and angry he looked.

As he decided to walk away, anger bubbled in me, making me cry out to him.

"No!"

He stopped to face me as I stepped towards him.

"I am not screwing Chuck, you stupid idiot!"

His face held no emotion as I stood in front of him, crossing my arms to hold my anger.

"And I don't know why the hell you would think that."

He had scoffed at that, shaking his head slowly as he examined me, chills running up my arms.

"Don't think I don't see you two talking."

"So what if I talk to him. Doesn't mean I'm screwing the guy!"

We both stood quiet, holding each other's gazes. After a while, I gave up, releasing my arms to the side.

"Why do you care anyway?"

I saw him tense up as he looked over my shoulder, through the empty hallway.

"What?"

"Why do you care if I screw Chuck."

He wavered his eyes to my face, his jaw clenching.

"We were handcuffed to each other days ago and now I'm fucken hearing about you and Chuck, how do you think that makes me look? I'm fucken Zander Bue, I move on, not the other way around."

My heart dropped as I turned away from him.

He only cared about his reputation. He didn't care about me or neither was he jealous.

He's was only worried about people thinking that I screwed him over.

"I don't know why you care so much, it's not like we were really dating."

I heard him suck in a breath as I stayed still, my back still facing him.

"We're nothing. That's all we'll ever be, nothing."

The janitor had turned the corner, walking towards us as I took that as a cue to walk away with anger and a broken heart.