Prologue

It was raining hard, dark clouds were overhead as the young wolf lay, fur being pelted by the rain. He was panting; out of breath.

'I must have lost him' Lakota said to himself.

Cyrus and he were having their usual run when they started up a game of tag. The Elder may be stronger than him but he was faster and Lakota prided himself on that.

He was just going to lay here till he could catch his breath and go find Cyrus if the male didn't find him first. The sound of soggy leaves and branches being crushed made him pick his head off the ground.

'He found me' the wolf smiled.

But that smile soon dropped when it was not Lakota's Elder.

Quickly he shot to his feet backing away from the group of strangers.

"The master would love to have a piece of you mutt, maybe he'll share too" one raspy voice ground out that put Lakota's fur on edge.

His whole body ran cold instantly,

'Not again' he whined to himself and abruptly shifted his weight and took off, away from the group.

'Cyrus' he cried through the link he had with him. 'Cyr-' he was cut off suddenly by a body slamming into him.

How did they catch up with him?

His form was pinned to the wet muddy ground as the crowd of strangers began to tighten metal cuffs on his paws and proceeded to muzzle his mouth too.

"Be a good little doggy and it won't hurt too much." The gross voice breathed in his ear.

'No' he whimpered.

He struggled to the best of his abilities but the restraints were too much for him and before he knew it everything went black from a sudden pain in the back of his skull.

"Nighty, night wolf" was the last thing he heard along with their snickers.

****

He was too late!

Cyrus was scouring the whole area looking for Lakota, his nose was beginning to burn from all the scents he was picking up trying to locate the wolf's scent, when something stopped him in his tracks about a yard away from where he was.

His head shot up in the direction it was coming from and he race to the spot. Taking a deep breath his heart stopped in his chest.

It was faint now because of the rain and would be gone in the next few minutes but it was unmistakable and Lakota's scent was mixed in with it.

It was such a calming scent, almost like the smell of jasmine. It took him a second to recognize it but there it was, the scent of something he hadn't come across in ages and it caused something in him to crack. Lifting his head back he let out a painfully heartbreaking howl.

His mate had been taken and if he didn't find his mate fast there was no chance of ever seeing him again.

-----------------------------------------
Here's a sneak preview for u guys, I know it's not much but here u go.