(39) Finally.

Would it be shocking if I'll say this would be the last chapter and the next chapter would be the Epilogue?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Don't worry, I'm just asking 😉

BUT, the next chapter WOULD be the last chapter... and no, I'm not kidding this time.

Thank you guys for everything! I love you guys!

Now, for chapter 39, enjoy 😊

------------->

"So what are we doing here?" I asked Chloe, looking at the scary looking cabin in front of me.

"We're just... confirming some theory." She whispered, pulling Reed's elbow closer.

"Are you guys saying that there's a possibility, that my grandparents are alive?" Adam asked, before laughing like crazy, "Dude, they're dead!" Then he went silent, "Please, don't joke around."

This is the first time I saw Adam freaking Emerson looking vulnerable; so vulnerable that he actually looks like a pouting lost puppy.

I grabbed his left hand which made him look at me. "We have to do this, Adam. We need to."

Sighing in defeat, he squeezed my hand and nodded. "Come on."

We walked towards the cabin and knocked.

We need to know if what I saw and what they saw were right, that Carlos and Linda are alive. Or were they just guardians, like a cupid spirit that bring couples together.

The door opened -when Reed twisted the door knob.

"It seems like no one's home." I muttered, "Should we really go inside and-" I was cut off when I heard some coughs coming from the inner part of the house.

Someone's in here.

"Grandpa?" Adam gasped before running through the left corner of the hallway.

"Adam!" We followed him and went inside.

The sight in front of us made us stop.

Carlo is lying on his bed, with Adam holding his hand beside him.

"Carlo." Me, Chloe and Reed muttered at the same time.

"Grandpa..." Adam muttered, tears falling down in his eyes. "What-? Why-? I... I went here before, you weren't here! Why did you never contact me? "

"Linda said you'll be better in their care." Carlo smiled at him and pats his head, "And she was right; you're looking well."

"I don't get it... After all these years?" He sobbed, "I thought you and grandma died in that house fire!"

"We almost did." Carlo muttered silently, bringing up one of his hand that showed the burnt mark I saw at the hospital. "But we escaped and-" He continued coughing, but what made me shock was the fact that he coughed out blood.

"A-are you okay?" Adam gasped out then he faced Reed, "Call 911, please."

In less than a second, Reed was out with his phone on his hand and Chloe right behind him.

"Adam, I believe that He planned all of this for something. I believe that anything lost will be replaced with something better." Carlo muttered, "I am seeing the light now, Adam. I've been seeing it for quite a time now."

Carlo....

Adam sobbed harder, tears falling down his cheeks. "Grandpa...."

Carlo smiled sadly, "You see, when Linda died 5 years ago due to her sickness, I wanted to follow her immediately. It's killing me knowing that I can not be with her. But before she passed away, her last words were to look for you and explain why we did this; why we hid from you." He coughed more, "I love you Adam, Linda loved you same goes with your parents. And we want the best for you, unfortunately, 2 really old people can't do that for you... There's a contract with your parents and D.A.C that if anything happens to them, they're taking you. We were thinking of giving you to them by our own will, but we didn't have the chance to do it when the house got on fire. When we escaped, Linda fell unconcious and we stayed in a hospital for quite some time. When we healed, she said not to contact you knowing that you'll come with us no matter what."

..... what?

"I'm sorry Adam, we're sorry." He coughed.

Adam sobbed harder and said, "It's alright, really it is. Now please save your breath and wait for the ambulance to-"

"Don't." He inhaled, "Linda went to the other side in this house, in this room, in this bed. And I want to go there at the same way she did."

No...

Adam shook his head, refusing what his grand father is saying. "No, no. I just saw you after years. Don't go, not yet, please."

"I need to Adam, I can already see the light."

"That's just the sun," Adam said, "Don't go there, don't go to it yet... please."

Carlo chuckled a little bit. "Stop crying Adam; crying in front of the woman you love makes you weak."

Adam shook his head, "Actually, that same woman said that real men cries."

"She's a keeper." Carlo faced me, "Hello Emily."

"Hey..." I waved awkwardly.

Carlo smiled before sighing, "Don't be sad Adam, be happy for me. I can finally be with my Linda. Finally." He opened his eyes and smiled at Adam, "Think of me passing away as a great gift. I've been waiting to see her for years too, Adam. It's been a torture without her. I'm going to be with her now, so please, be happy."

I cried and tried holding in the tears that kept falling. He's too damn romantic.

"Ah, I can feel it." He whispered. "I love you Adam." He faced me, "Please take care of my grandson and your future children."

"I will." I nodded, crying my eyes off.

He chuckled, looking back at Adam. "That's an insurance of her saying yes on being your bride Adam, you're welcome."

That old man.

"Take care of the mansion too, by the way." He smiled, "Live there with your future family and have fun." He kissed Adam's hand and smiled, "Live life, love life."

Carlo...

"Know that we love you Adam, wherever we are. Me, Linda, your parents." He sighed, "Good bye."

Carlo's eyes fluttered before closing. Before hearing his breath cut off, he muttered these words. "My lovely Linda, I'll finally see you again."