Baby Crows

Ayumi opened her groggy eyes with a groan. She looked ober at the clock next to the bed.

7:50 a.m.

She had 1 more hour or 2 to sleep. But her desire for more sleep diminished.

"Why is it so dark in h-oh yeah. The planks."

She didn't forget about getting kidnapped and brought here,but she did forget about the wooden planks covering the windows. Actually it was a good thing they had those wooden planks. Her eyes were delicate and it was always hard for her in the mornings to see through the blazing sunlight.

As she stood up the door to her room opened.

Almost leaning against the doorway was Fixin. The young girl was wearing red pyjamas. Her light brown hair was disheveled and just by looking at her green eyes,anybody could tell she was tired too.

"Good morning Yoshida-san.",the girl said in a groggy voice.

"Morning,Fixin-san.",Ayumi replied in the same tone of voice.

Fixin walked over to Ayumi's bed. The girl opened her mouth to speak,but before she did,she fell on the bed snoring loudly. Ayumi couldn't help but also fall asleep.
They had only a few seconds of sleep until a booming voice filled the hallways.

"IDOITS!WAKE UP DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!"

"Who's that?"Ayumi asked,her voice muffled by the pillow she and Fixin were sharing.

"Chablis.",the young girl said with a sigh.

The door to the room slammed open. A girl with black hair tied up in two pigtails leaned against the door, as if she owned the place. Se actually did own it. Mentally and physically.

"What are you two doing here lazing around. We have a busy day!! We have a new recruit ceremony and you guys have training. So WAKE UP!"

Fixin groaned and got out of the bed with a groan and mumbling curse words that were directed to Chablis. Chablis gave her glare and Fixin quickly ran out of the room with a yelp.

Ayumi got off the bed to follow her, but before she could even take a footstep outside, she felt Chablis put her hand on her chest to stop her. She looked up at Chablis.

"Are you the newbie?"she asked quietly.

Ayumi nodded.

"You're needed at the meeting room. Orders from Anokata."

Ayumi just nodded and walked after Fixin who was waving at her to follow.
~~~~
"When's Heiji-niisan gonna be here?" Genta said through a mouth full of cookies, donuts, and cakes.

"He said he'll get here soon, " Mitsuhiko said in a irratated voice as he look in disgust and disbelief on how many food Genta was stuffing in his mouth, "You should stop eating! Ran and Haibara-san will almost come out of the kitchen with the ramen and I don't want you to puke your breakfast on me!"

Genta opened his mouth to argue.

"Just let him eat how many plates he wants. "

Both teens turned to look at Conan, who was sitting on the couch in his thinking mode.

"Oi, Mitsuhiko,"Genta whispered to Mitsuhiko, " What's Conan doing?"

Mitsuhiko wanted to punch Genta straight in the nose, but he knew the consequences of punching the 2nd largest boy in Teitan Middle School. Instead he would throw insults at him, like he was going to do now.

"He's thinking on how to save Ayumi without getting her hurt and on how to keep it a secret from the kidnappers that we contacted the police, "he explained in a irratated tone, "Geez Genta, it seems you get dumber each time you grow taller. "
Genta looked at him with a look of confusion.