Part 26

Why the fuck are they so interested in them?

"They have been in the family for ages." I repeat the same lie I told Tamara.

"You liar – you stole them." She says grabbing my arm.

"What?! Are you crazy? I didn't steal them!" I exclaim.

"Well not you, probably an ancestor." She says.

"No one in my family is a thief!"

"You have no right to wear that!" She screams, reaching for the necklace, looking like she would rip it from m neck. Tyler takes her arm.

"Trixie, where did you get that?" Tyler asks more calmly and gives me a smile.

"Why? What is so important about it?" Geraldine is glaring daggers at me. I ignore her and look at Tyler.

"About a hundred years ago they," He said nodding to my necklace and bracelet "went missing. They belonged to the queen at the time, the Queen was killed and the King, not being able to live without her soon followed. A couple of weeks later the castle was attacked and most of their processions were taken." Tyler explains. I raise my eyebrow.

"That was a hundred years ago... why care about it now?"

"Because they are meant for royals, and you are not one." Geraldine snarls at me. I growl back at her. I reach up and take the necklace off, as well as the bracelet. I throw them down at her feet.

"There you go, I would have given them back if you had just asked." I reply, before turning on my heel and storming back into the party. I hear Tyler talking in a loud voice, just below shouting.

"She could have worn them for the night. You know you're not royal either." He says, before sounding like he is walking off. Why do they stay together, they aren't mates so what's the draw? I hear Tamara come ruining up behind me in her heels.

"You OK?" She asks. I nod.

"Just pissed off, why didn't you tell me?"

"I kind of did, but I didn't want to make you feel bad." She says.

"Can I be alone?" I ask her. She nods.

"Yeah sure." She says allowing me to walk to a comfy chair. I fall into the chair. Why do I feel like I just left a part of me behind with Geraldine? I fiddle with the hem of my dress. I sit there for a minute before I hear the music stop, followed by cheers and happy birthdays. I knew that Heath had arrived and I had the urge to go and say something to him, but I steeled myself and stayed where I was. The poppy music starts back up, louder this time, and I decide to go and get a drink. I walk to the bar and wait for a bartender to notice me. As I am waiting I feel my hair being pulled up and a cold chain come down onto my skin.

The chain settles onto my chest. As my hand goes up to feel it, a hand pulls my hair away from my shoulder and leans down, kissing it. I pull out of the daze and focus on what is going on.

"I believe this was yours for the night, mate." I spin around at the word mate and the voice. There in front of me was Heath.

There you go! Hope you enjoyed it!
Sorry it was short.

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))