67.

We ran across the hangar to the elevators, leaving R2 and R7 behind with a commlink incase of emergency.

I hit the button for the elevator, just as the doors open Anakin warns us:

"Destroyers!" The three of us only are able to block their blasts as we back up into the elevator.

The door closes and we begin putting our lightsabers away and going up. Then the elevator comes to an abrupt stop.

"Did you push the stop button?" I look at Anakin,

"No, did you?" He asks Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan frowns and shakes his head. He takes out the commlink to talk to R2.

"Well there's more than one way out of here." Anakin says, taking his saber out again he starts a circle in the roof.

"We don't want to get out we want to get moving." I protest,

"R2, activate elavator 31174." Obi-Wan speaks into his commlink.

The circle Anakin made fell and almost killed us.

"Sorry, are you okay?" He asks me, I nod.

"I'm doing great, by the way." Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

"Come on." He says, jumping through the hatch. I look between the two trying to decide what to do.

"R2, do you copy-" Obi-Wan tried him, but he was cut off by the elevator going down quickly.

"I think he heard you!" I said, picking myself back up.

"Yes but we don't need to be going down, we need to be going up! R2!" Obi-Wan yelled, I thought immediately of Anakin.

"Anakin!" I yelled through the hatch above.

"R2, we need to be going up!" Then even more abrupt than the stopping we start racing up.

"What about Anakin?" I walked to the front of the elevator to join Obi-Wan. Then behind me I heard a thud, my first instinct was to ignite my lightsaber in case of danger.

"Good to see you, too." Anakin brushed himself off.

"Oh, good it's you." I sighed, relieved, "Are you alright?"

"I just had two guns pointed at me, but thats a normal day for me." He smirked, "What happened here? I'm the one who should be asking that to you."

"Well R2 has been-" Obi-Wan started, but Anakin cut him off:

"Buh, buh-buh, no loose wire jokes." He said,

"Did I say anything?" Obi-Wan defended,

"You know, he's trying." Anakin defended his droid, I had to smile at his sweetness.

"I didn't say anything!" Obi-Wan whined. I smiled at my friends. I felt the need to hold Anakin's hand quickly.

I grabbed his hand and stared ahead, he accepted it and from the corner of my eye I saw him look at me and smile. It was moments like these that I cherished. Even for a second.

The elevator doors opened and I let go of his hand. We walked out and no one was there, this must be the trap. Something felt suspicious and odd since there were no droids here. From the balcony we could see Chancellor Palpatine spin in his chair, his wrists bound to the arm rests.

"Chancellor!" I ran to him, happy to see he was well.

"Be careful, my dear." He said, when Anakin and Obi-Wan joined, "Dooku."