Chapter 15: Love

After the night we had spent together, things only got better for Gerard and I. He came around every night for the next five nights and stayed over. Every night we would spend hours being intimate and every morning he would bring me breakfast in bed. It was like some insane dream where everything was perfect. Sophia was out of the picture and nothing came between us. We talked for hours about each other and got to know each other better until I felt like I knew him better than anybody.

We were perfect.

***

"Do you have to leave?" I sulked as he climbed out of my bed. He stretched his arms and yawned. 

"You're the geek," he said. "Don't you want to study?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I have no classes today so I'm going back to the library to finish my dissertation."

"I have no classes either," he grinned. "Want to study with me?"

"Only if you don't distract me!" I laughed, throwing a pillow at him. "I'm serious."

We got dressed and made coffee before heading to the library to study. I had spent so much time in the library over the academic year that I had made quite a few friends, and Gerard seemed surprised as I waved hello to four or five people on my way to my usual seat.

"I didn't realise you were so popular," he whispered.

"I...uh...I..." I blushed. "I started a History club."

"Oh my god," he laughed, so loudly that it caused people to turn and stare. "You are so much geekier than I ever imagined!"

"Oh shut up," I whispered. "There is nothing wrong with making friends whilst discussing ideas for exam preparation!"

 "Hey, don't get me wrong- I wouldn't change you," he grinned. "In fact if you weren't around I wouldn't be motivated to study today, but I'm doing it just so I can sit next to you. I'd still be in bed if you weren't such a nerd."

"Screw you," I responded, scrunching up my face at him. "I'm studying now."

For several hours I sat and studied whilst Gerard did the following activities: stared at people walking past, went on four coffee runs, went to buy lunch, drew pictures in his notepad, listened to his iPod, tried to distract me eight times and took an hour long nap.

"Okay, let's get out of here," I grinned, closing my laptop with pride. "Have you studied hard?"

"So hard," he pined. "I really tired out my brain. Please let's just go back to your dorm so I can get into your bed and sleep away the pain."

I laughed at how cute he was being.

"Is this all I'm good for now?" I joked. "Is this all we're gonna do? Mindless sex?"

I said that a little louder than I had meant to and several people turned around and giggled. I blushed but Gerard stood proud.

"Yes!" he shouted. "Let's go back to yours and have mindless sex!"

At least thirty people turned around and I could see a librarian walking towards us. In complete shock I picked up my laptop and ran, Gerard running behind me.

"Gerard Way you are an absolute arsehole," I laughed as we made it outside. I caught my breath before slapping him around the back of the head. "How am I supposed to go back in there after that?!"

"You'll have to move History club to a new location," he smirked. I shook my head in embarassment and pretended to walk away from him, but he came running up behind me and picked me up from around my waist.

"I don't care what you think," I said proudly. "I love to study. I make study clubs. I spend my free time preparing for exams which are four months away. Take it or leave it."

"I'll take it," he said, spinning me around and kissing me. "I love you."

What he just said was so out of the blue that I had no idea how to respond. He didn't give me any warning and I was completely taken aback. We hadn't even discussed whether or not we were a couple; every time we were alone together we would end up sleeping together and not doing a great deal of talking.

"You l-love me?"

"Yeah I love you," he said, taking both of my hands in his. "Take it or leave it."

"Take it," I grinned, throwing myself at him for another kiss. "I think I might love you too."

"Well," he sighed. "I best go tell all of my friends that I have a girlfriend and she's super nerdy."

"I'm nerdy?" I laughed. "I've seen how many comic books you own Gerard Way. Maybe I best go tell all of MY friends that my boyfriend is a massive geek."

"Are you embarassed?" he asked.

"No," I said, shaking my head as I took his hand and we began to walk down the street. "I'm proud to call you my boyfriend."