6| who are you?

Walking through the pack house was a wonderful experience. People were staring at me, pointing and whispering, glaring and sharing the story of what I did. I growled at the ones who looked around my age to make them look anywhere but my annoyed face and it worked like a charm. They tried with great enthusiasm to get away from the rabid wolf.

"Just ignore them." Castile whispered into my ears. "They are nice people but they do enjoy gossiping."

"I wonder if they'll enjoy gossiping so much if I rip their tongues out." I mumbled.

"Your violent personality shocks me my Luna." Castile grinned, awfully at ease at the thought of me harming his pack members.

"You don't seem worried, do you think I won't be able to do it?" I narrowed my eyes.

"That's not it my Luna, you seem highly capable, but you are clearly joking, aren't you?" He asked cautiously. I put my hand on his cheek and smirked.

"Ofcourse I am Castile." I gasped and dramatically put my hand over my heart. I sent another glare towards a young couple who was looking at me and Castile stopped walking.

"This is Rose and she is to stay here for quite some time, I therefore hope that you all treat her respectfully." While his voice was cheerful, there was a clear warning in his eyes to everyone. My heart swelled at his kindness.

"Why? Its not like she treated our Luna respectfully!" A young pack member called out and 'yeahs' and 'yes's' echoed across the kitchen. Luna? What the hell was going on in this crazy pack.

"Well, then consider it an order from your Beta." Castile said with finality in his tone and everyone bowed their heads.

He took me to a room that had no window's and a plain creme and beige colour scheme. "This is your room."

"Room?" I asked him with raised eyebrows. He gave me an apologetic smile and continued.

"You will have guards stationed outside your room so do not try to run. And when I say that I mean it, do not run under any circumstances. Unless of course there is a fire, or an attack or other obvious reasons like that." He smiled sheepishly. "You are also not allowed to go anywhere without a guard."

"So I am a prisoner now?"

"Technically, yes." I growled.

"Why don't you all leave me free and keep your Luna however you want to." I sighed.

"You know that's not true." He said referring to the bitch.

"Everyone calls her Luna, everyone treats her as their Luna and everyone hates their real Luna, so why not free me from the damn pain I will get from staying here!" I exclaimed through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry Rose, alpha's orders. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask the guards to call me, I'll be here as soon as possible." He gave me an apologetic smile and walked out of the room.

The room was bare and there was nothing l could throw around in my fit of anger.

The door creaked open and a girl walked in slowly, cautiously. She was a gorgeous blonde with deep brown eyes and she was wearing a short white summer dress that suited her perfectly. She looked familiar but I could not recollect who she was. She kept something on the corner table and slumped on the chair next to it.

"So you're the future Luna!"she said examining me closely.

"Apparently I'm not."

"Yeah, right." She scoffed, "I saw the way Arden looked at you. Also if anyone else had tried that on Rianne they would be dead by now." Rianne, the kisser, the root of my current problems.

"A wolf is not supposed to hurt their mate, no matter what. The mate bond can make you attracted towards someone, it can't force you to love that person. If you're here to tell me to stay away from him because he is yours then by all means take him." I spat out the words. I clearly sounded like a jealous she-wolf and I hated it.

She laughed. She actually laughed. "Oh! Calm your wolf." She said between laughs. "Arden and I will never be a thing."

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Then why are you here?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Just wanted to see my brother's mate."

Brother? I just didn't see it.

"Well, he is my brother from another mother, literally. You see, his father, the alpha, cheated on his mate with a human and I was a product of the extra marital affair." She sounded awfully normal about the predicament. An alpha who cheated on his mate wasn't common, as theoretically the stronger the ranking of a couple, the more powerful is their mate bond.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I don't consider the former alpha as my father, but he did give me a wonderful brother. Also Arden's girlfriend Rianne is my best friend." I stiffened. The matching piece of jewellery around her ring finger suddenly made more sense.

"Then its a good thing I don't want him." I said pretending to yawn. "I don't want to seem rude, but I am really tired, so I am going to sleep now."

She looked at me for a moment and then walked outside the door.

Arden hadn't come to visit me after the incident in the morning and I was disappointed, even though I didn't understand why I expected a lot from him. If someone could hurt their mate physically and choose another she-wolf over her it shouldn't be too flabbergasting that he hadn't come to apologise.

I picked up all the bed sheets, blankets and pillows and threw them on the floor, kicking them near the wall.

I laid my body on the cold hard floor that reminded me of the jungle ground and curled up against the wall, hoping to see the stars.

__________*__________

Quick question: Which country are you from?

P.S. It's supremely coincidental that the name of the chapter kind of matches the the question I've asked above, did anyone notice?