Chapter 33

"So, what are we going to start with?" I asked Luke, clutching his hand tightly as he led me on a winding path through people and tables.

"Well..." he scratched his head with his other hand. "I was thinking as much as I want churros and corn dogs, there's lots of time for those later so maybe we start with some Chinese or Thai noodle dishes and a few meat skewers."

"Bacon on a stick?" I asked, drawing up alongside of him and looking up at him. He was just so darn cute. I always thought my boys should be models but Luke absolutely would be a HUGE draw if he was ever a model.

He glanced down at me, amusement sparkling in his eyes. "Well, that is on a skewer..." he said

"Exactly. And its' protein so North wouldn't yell if he was here."

"You make an excellent point, Cupcake." He said, glancing away from me for a moment. I smiled, tilting my head when he looked back down at me and started to walk again, pulling me off to the side. We were away from most of the people, in a group of trees.

"Luke...?"

"Stop being so irresistible." He said, his body against mine as I was up against the trunk of a tree. I opened my mouth to protest but his lips slanted over mine and he kissed me. I sighed against his lips, my hands coming up to wrap around his neck as I kissed him back. One hand stole up into the hair at the base of his neck and I tangled my fingers there, making sure he didn't move. His hand skimmed down my sides and landed at my waist, again, sneaking beneath the hem of my top to rest on my bare skin. "Sang..." he murmured against my lips before he shifted, his head tilting to the other side as he continued to kiss my lips.

"Luke..." I pulled back slightly but all that did was put his lips on my neck and he feathered kisses along my neck, up to my jaw and over to the hollow behind my ear. A soft moan escaped me as I held on tighter to him. My head fell back against the tree, exposing the entire length of my neck to him. My eyes closed as he continued to explore my neck before he kissed my lips again. He pulled away, resting his forehead against mine.

"I've been looking forward to that all week." He admitted, eyes finding mine.

I smiled. "Even more than the food?"

The sparkle in his eyes deepened to a smolder as he nodded. "You matter more to me than anything I could ever find to eat." He said. He raised a hand to trace it gently over my cheek. "You're the center of everything, Sang."

"I'm really starting to understand that." I admitted, turning my face into his hand. "All of you mean so much to me." He smiled and bent his head towards mine again, stealing another kiss before we headed back towards the food route he'd been headed for in search of food. Only this time, my arm was around his waist and his was around my shoulders, tucking me into his side as we paused and looked over menus and debated which type of noodle dishes we should take back to share with Victor.

We ended up jugging three different plates of food. One that was full of chicken pad Thai, one that had a really yummy looking sesame beef yakisoba dish and one that simply had bacon on a stick and waffle fried bacon on it. Neither one of us could walk away from that booth without trying it. It smelled really good and I almost fell over when he stopped walking right in front of me. "What?"

"Fried butter."

"Fried butter?" I echoed.

"Yeah... we should try it." He said. "There's no line right now." He grinned at me. "C'mon, Cupcake... let's live a little."

"And fill our arteries up completely." I said dryly but grinning at him.

"Yes!" He said happily as he headed to the booth to place the order.

I peered at the container he was holding once he'd gotten the order. "Interesting. They look like little donut holes."

"But there was a whole butter ball in there so we'll see what it's like." He said as we started walking again, back to join Victor before the music groups started.

"He's going to think we're crazy for getting it." I said. "But it's an interesting idea."

"Festival food at its best and quirkiest." Luke laughed. "We need to keep our opinions on it so that good or bad we can drive North nuts by trying to get it added to the diner menu."

I narrowed my gaze at him. "Because... he'd have no choice but to negotiate chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate batter instead?" I asked.

His eyes lit up. "You're a genius." He said. "I knew I loved how your mind works."

"Thanks, I think..."

"It's a very good thing, Sang. Really." He said earnestly as we found Victor and wove our way through the blankets that had appeared while we were gone.